New Gatorade bottle "The Sherriff"

Stand down, boys. He's turning himself in.

scrimmage-police-surrounding-anaheim.jpg

Reactions: 23 people
VFL's don't drink Gatorade

Actually, while Gatorade was developed at UF, it was a company owned and operated by a UT grad, working in conjunction with UF staff, that developed the drink. The UT grad was creating the drink, he was just using the UF football team as guinea pigs.

Reactions: 8 people
Actually, while Gatorade was developed at UF, it was a company owned and operated by a UT grad, working in conjunction with UF staff, that developed the drink. The UT grad was creating the drink, he was just using the UF football team as guinea pigs.

Didn't they buy it from FSU, Originally known as Seminole Fire Water?

The pop warner league in Tampa advises all parents not to give their children any sports drink except water during practice. I buy my sons pedialyte.

Reactions: 1 person
The pop warner league in Tampa advises all parents not to give their children any sports drink except water during practice. I buy my sons pedialyte.

That's great if your absolutely positive that the kids have an excellent diet outside of football.

But the sad fact is most Americans live off of fast food, and your body needs a good deal of many of the things in a proper sports drink.

If they would just leave the sugars out, they would be some of the healthiest things in the world to put in your body. Unfortunately, without sugar they would not sell enough to turn a profit.

Reactions: 1 person
That's great if your absolutely positive that the kids have an excellent diet outside of football.

But the sad fact is most Americans live off of fast food, and your body needs a good deal of many of the things in a proper sports drink.

If they would just leave the sugars out, they would be some of the healthiest things in the world to put in your body. Unfortunately, without sugar they would not sell enough to turn a profit.

I went to a sports medicine conference where the Gatorade people were going over their research. I was surprised to find out how much they research their product and didn't just slap a label on some sugar water and say its a sports drink. That being said, you really would need to train or work out at a very high level for Gatorade to provide all the intended benefits. If not, it's just a bunch of sugar and most people are better off just drinking water to hydrate.

Sorry about the two r's English majors and grammar police.
Dammit, man...you forgot to apply a comma after the first sentence phrase (right after the "r's"). Punctuation, Forrest.... Punctuation. It's not just an inert term. It's a way of life.

tumblr_n8iekwuPA31smmsbuo2_250.gif

Did you learn your English in barn? Don't answer that...I think I already know. :)

I'm pretty sure it was John Gruden that coined the nickname "The Sheriff" for Peyton. Gruden would say on Monday Night Football "I call Peyton "The Sheriff" because he comes into your stadium and lays down the law"

VN Store

Back