Best Vol game experience!

jacobyvoln27

2020 Vols Decade!!!!
Can anyone top this? I watched the national championship game against FSU in person at the 50 yard line (those old enough remember snow storm back east that's how I was seated here) and unlike ESPN says we did win, one of the best nights of my life. To make the night better I hung out with Mr. Sterling Marlin a huge Vawls fan who at the time was sponsored by Coors meaning free beer all night and hanging in his r.v.. You may top this but other then my two boys being born, the best night of my life! :lolabove:

Reactions: 3 people
1998 FLorida game. Best experience at a sporting event for me ever. (probably doesn't top it but it is my best)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I hit the three peat that year Syracuse, Arky. And FSU I could have not picked three better games to attend! What a year!

Reactions: 3 people
I was living in Raleigh that year and went to the UF, S. Carolina, Miss. St., and FSU games. Fun times, indeed.

Best Game Experience was 98 Florida. Best moment was 98 Clint Fumble I thought the stadium was going to collapse from the crowd going insane. I was in the Nose Bleeds cold, wet, and screaming my lungs out. Travis Henry became one of my all time fav Vols on the following drive.

Reactions: 6 people
Dad surprised us at Christmas with what were citrus bowl tickets IIRC. Anyways we easily beat ohio state and their heisman trophy winner Eddie George. Osu complained our cleats were too long. Lol

Also, watching my hometown kicker wilhoit finish off Florida a few years back was effing awesome. I was in the student section 2 years after being out. CRAZY

Reactions: 2 people
2003 5ot game in Tuscaloosa. We stayed in the stadium singing Rocky Top until every Bammer was gone.

Then we (the 2000 or so Vol fans still in the stadium) all sang" We just beat the hell outta you!" to the defeated Bammers as they walked with their heads down.

THEN we all left as a huge group singing Rocky Top over and over as we walked down the exit ramps of the stadium.

THEN we all cracked open our coolers and had the longest post-game tailgate party ever.

It was something I'll never forget and an experience that will never be matched. If you were there then you know. If you weren't there you just have to try your best to imagine it.

I was at 98 and 04 FL, 98 Arky, 06 Cal,and the 5 (or 6, can't remember) OT Arky game (03 maybe?) But 03 at Tuscaloosa 5OT game was the most magical

Reactions: 8 people
Arkansas 98. Loudest game I've ever been to, and I have been to a lot. Dane Bradshaw game winning lay-up game against da Gaytas was a great hoops experience, with the upset of Kansas close.

Best Game Experience was 98 Florida. Best moment was 98 Clint Fumble I thought the stadium was going to collapse from the crowd going insane. I was in the Nose Bleeds cold, wet, and screaming my lungs out. Travis Henry became one of my all time fav Vols on the following drive.

I was at this one too! Myself and the rest of the crowd new our chances were done. I remember feeling so dejected until Stoerner gave it too us. I had a great view of him laying it on the ground from section I just above the band. U covered the reaction. Another great one

My wife, daughter and I were at the 2001 game at Florida, that 34-32 masterpiece! Travis Stephens had a great day and it was so nice to leave the Swamp singing Rocky Top! It was a heck of a way for our daughter to celebrate her sixth birthday!

Reactions: 1 person
Dad surprised us at Christmas with what were citrus bowl tickets IIRC. Anyways we easily beat ohio state and their heisman trophy winner Eddie George. Osu complained our cleats were too long. Lol

Also, watching my hometown kicker wilhoit finish off Florida a few years back was effing awesome. I was in the student section 2 years after being out. CRAZY

You went to a different game than I did. 20-14 needing a goal line stand is not "easily" winning.

2003 5ot game in Tuscaloosa. We stayed in the stadium singing Rocky Top until every Bammer was gone.

Then we (the 2000 or so Vol fans still in the stadium) all sang" We just beat the hell outta you!" to the defeated Bammers as they walked with their heads down.

THEN we all left as a huge group singing Rocky Top over and over as we walked down the exit ramps of the stadium.

THEN we all cracked open our coolers and had the longest post-game tailgate party ever.

It was something I'll never forget and an experience that will never be matched. If you were there then you know. If you weren't there you just have to try your best to imagine it.

I was at 98 and 04 FL, 98 Arky, 06 Cal,and the 5 (or 6, can't remember) OT Arky game (03 maybe?) But 03 at Tuscaloosa 5OT game was the most magical

It was an exciting game against a pretty bad Bama team.

You went to a different game than I did. 20-14 needing a goal line stand is not "easily" winning.

Haha. My memory must have been altered. I know I was pretty young and I just remember being really happy we beat Eddie and Osu. I was there with my dad, grandpa, and brother. So it was still an awesome vol game experience. Sorry if it was misleading

Haha. My memory must have been altered. I know I was pretty young and I just remember being really happy we beat Eddie and Osu. Sorry if it was misleading

I just remember the rain. Afterwards I learned about the illegal cleats UT was wearing.

I was at the 98 Arkansas game as well. .. couldn't talk for a week after screaming my lungs out. I almost left that game at halftime, but my soon to be (and still) wife wouldn't let me. She said, "you'll regret it if you leave".... lol. I love that woman. I "rescued" her from a family of Bama fans. She's all Vol... we got engaged just before Peyton's last home game. .. and never looked back. Lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Went to every home game in 98, uga away, sec championship, and fsu. Had just moved to Knoxville and was sure this was the beginning of the Vols dynasty, oh what could have been.

I was there as well (sloppy conditions). The big plays belonged to the Vols that day. That OSU team is one the most talented teams we have ever played.

I enjoyed the 1995 Bama game. We basically had Legion Field to ourselves from the middle of the 4th quarter until it ended. They had the long winning streak against us and the fans talked so much smack right up to the first snap of the game. It got a little loud again and the Jay broke the 80 yard run. From then on it was nothing but Rockytop.

Reactions: 4 people
85 Sugar Bowl. It was magic, the Vols made the entire Miami fanbase disapear by the end of the third quarter.:)

VFE

1998, I was 10, went to all the home games but the Arky game after they fumbled my dad turned to me and said son you have just witnessed a miracle. That or getting flipped off at war memorial stadium in 97 when I asked the Arky fans where they were going after we had secured the victory

VN Store

Back