Inky Johnson spoke at our Hall of Fame

dd4vols

Banquet last night in Savannah.Tennessee. It was a Grand Slam Home Run!!!! This is the 3rd year of existence for the Hardin County Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, and we have been very fortunate to have had Gene Stallings and Antone Davis as previous keynote speakers. Both of those guys were amazing and very inspirational with their stories and anecdotes. But Inky was spectacular. He spoke for about 40 minutes with not one note card. He articulated his life for us from about year 6 to currently...of his dreams from early on, of his dreams in his teen years, of achieving some of those dreams, and of how most of his dreams(even after his injury) still exist, save playing in the NFL.

He shared his humble beginnings, of choosing to stay and play at his inner-city crime ridden high school even when the 'hot shot' suburb schools wanted him to come play there. He shared, and I didn't know this either.....he had season ending injuries in the first games of both his sophomore and junior high school years. I could go on and on, but I can tell you today, he is one of the best and most impressive speakers I have ever heard, and even moreso, one of the best and most impressive people I have ever met.

EDITED TO INCLUDE THIS:
I failed to mention when i first posted this that Inky spent Monday morning with the high school football team in our neighboring county and Monday afternoon with our local Hardin County High team. .... giving both teams inspirational talks and obvious lessons for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Inky is one of the most genuine people I have ever came in contact with. I've had the pleasure of getting to know him through the years. He embodies the true spirit of being a Volunteer and is a VFL through and through. He should be an inspiration to us all.

I've had the pleasure of meeting him and everything you say is spot on. One of the best people around anywhere.

we sold tickets for the prior 6 weeks or so...:)

Sorry I missed it,tell you the truth I heard about it monday coming home from work. I try to support the hometown . I listen to Sirius radio during the week on the way to work . Would have loved tip heard Inky.

Last edited:
Banquet last night in Savannah.Tennessee. It was a Grand Slam Home Run!!!! This is the 3rd year of existence for the Hardin County Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, and we have been very fortunate to have had Gene Stallings and Antone Davis as previous keynote speakers. Both of those guys were amazing and very inspirational with their stories and anecdotes. But Inky was spectacular. He spoke for about 40 minutes with not one note card. He articulated his life for us from about year 6 to currently...of his dreams from early on, of his dreams in his teen years, of achieving some of those dreams, and of how most of his dreams(even after his injury) still exist, save playing in the NFL.

He shared his humble beginnings, of choosing to stay and play at his inner-city crime ridden high school even when the 'hot shot' suburb schools wanted him to come play there. He shared, and I didn't know this either.....he had season ending injuries in the first games of both his sophomore and junior high school years. I could go on and on, but I can tell you today, he is one of the best and most impressive speakers I have ever heard, and even moreso, one of the best and most impressive people I have ever met.

Fantastic individual and my favorite Vol. Has a lovely wife Allison and two adorable children, Jada and Inky Jr. His mother Ruby is an outstanding lady who had the fore sight to give Inky direction from an early age. Kudos to Inky for understanding what he needed to do to be successful and leave Kirkwood.

Fantastic individual and my favorite Vol. Has a lovely wife Allison and two adorable children, Jada and Inky Jr. His mother Ruby is an outstanding lady who had the fore sight to give Inky direction from an early age. Kudos to Inky for understanding what he needed to do to be successful and leave Kirkwood.

Larry, actually Ms. Ruby drove up from Atlanta with him. outstanding and kind lady.

I also failed to mention that Inky spent Monday morning with the high school football team in our neighboring county and Monday afternoon with our local Hardin County High team. .... giving both teams inspirational talks and obvious lessons for life.

VN Store

Back