Regaining our National Identity

10acvols

In terms of who we are as a program, Which game would be most important for us in regaining our national identity Oklahoma. or Georgia ? I'm not on here as often as i would like so SIAP or discussed.

Edit: Oklahoma or Georgia

Last edited:
Sorry. I left out the teams. Just curious since most have been focusing on Bama and Florida.

One major win won't cut it, see South Carolina.

National stature will only come with a top 10 ranking, something Butch will attain by getting better each year.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma
I think beating OK would send a stat men that we are ready to compete with anyone in the country again. Much like in 2012 when A&M beat Bama and launched Johnny Football but not to that extent.

Reactions: 2 people
GA, so all those recruits will keep rolling in. Then we'll take down everyone else that stands in our way.

To get national respect, we'll need more than one upset. Returning to the top 10 on a regular basis will be the start. With that said, the one game that would get us the most attention would be to beat Alabama, period.

Not losing to Vandy would probably go further than either of these

THIS ^^^

And NOT being thought of like this Nationally...?

361917.jpg

Beating Alabama would go a long way toward changing that perception...IMHO

I would love to see us beat Oklahoma just because of Stoops constantly whining about all the attention the SEC gets

Look at the mileage aTm got out of beating Bama in 2012.

In that same regard, UT would get more mileage out of beating Oklahoma on the road. OU and UT don't play every year. aTm got more mileage out of beating Bama than say Auburn will. Why? Bama and Auburn play every year.

Doing something outside the norm stands out.

In terms of who we are as a program, Which game would be most important for us in regaining our national identity Oklahoma. or Georgia ? I'm not on here as often as i would like so SIAP or discussed.

Edit: Oklahoma or Georgia

Regaining your national identity is a process, and won't necessarily happen as a result of one win or one loss.

That said, beating UGA consistently is much more important than beating Oklahoma.

Since Richt took over at UGA, you guys haven't been as successful getting recruits from GA...unlike the 90s when you guys routinely beat out UGA for top HS talent in their back yard.

Reactions: 4 people
There isn't really one game that's going to make it happen. Beating Oklahoma or Bama this year would be great in a big splash kind of way, but unless it's one game in an 8-4 or 9-3 kind of year, it won't carry over too much attention into the offseason.

If 2015 features 2 in a row on UGA or UF, or 3 in a row over USCe, then the message gets heard loud and clear.

Win the SEC East and get to the SEC Championship game will take us along ways.

Beating floriDUH ad UGa will help alot with recruiting.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back