Has CBJ ever had to fire a staff member?

Dougie_D

How loyal is CBJ? Hypothetically, lets say we don't do very well this season.

Does he shake up staff?

Some assistants always go before the HC should they get a pinch... Called buying time or CYA.. We don't that at all.. Stability and elite recruiting is what is needed

Last edited:
He didn't bring everybody with him from Cincinnati. Same thing as firing the ones left behind.

Or was that because those coaches wanted go somewhere else?

My main concern has always been our OC.

Alabama and Florida have new O.C's.

If their offensive unit produces more than Tennessee, then I think Bajakian needs to move on.

Kiffin and Roper are no dummies either.

Reactions: 3 people

If their offensive unit produces more than Tennessee, then I think Bajakian needs to move on.

Your post was stupid until that last sentence. That last sentence is like saying Einstein had downe syndrome.

You can't be that moronic. You just can't be.

Reactions: 7 people
I had the opportunity to sit with the coaches' families for a game last year, and I get the feeling that they are pretty close friends.

Reactions: 5 people
I had the opportunity to sit with the coaches' families for a game last year, and I get the feeling that they are pretty close friends.

But as a HC, you have to make those hard decisions. Do you think CBJ would can his friends if it meant him still having a job?

To be fair, he didnt have much to work with in his first year.

You are giving Roper a lot of credit for a guy who is getting complete control of an offense for the first time in his career. Not saying he isnt/wont be good but let's face it, Cutt was the brains behind Duke's offense.

As for Kiffin, that horse has been beaten beyond recognition. I'll just say I disagree and leave it at that.

Reactions: 6 people
Your post was stupid until that last sentence. That last sentence is like saying Einstein had downe syndrome.

You can't be that moronic. You just can't be.

If you're going to question someone's intelligence you should pay special attention to the spelling of your own post.

Reactions: 2 people
O.C.s come and go the bamers have had three in the past five years. Our O.C. now has the horses to execute his offense, though they're young we should see improvement this year. Defensively…...:dunno:

Reactions: 1 person
I can't remember where I read it,, but the article said that this is the first year there has been NO coaching changes since 2007.

IF Jancek ever left for any reason it'd be cool if Chavis came back.... Just sayin...

Chavis is horrible. His defenses consistently under achieve even with some of the best defensive recruits in the nation each and every year. I recall when he was with ut of us consistently giving up big play after big play. Our secondary never could cover a deep square in under his watch(refer to sec championship game vs Lsu if u need a reminder). Almost every lead was in jeopardy late in the ball game due to his conservative prevent defense. I remember it being a running and sad joke each time we had less than a td lead with 3 minutes to go in a game.

Chavis is horrible. His defenses consistently under achieve even with some of the best defensive recruits in the nation each and every year. I recall when he was with ut of us consistently giving up big play after big play. Our secondary never could cover a deep square in under his watch(refer to sec championship game vs Lsu if u need a reminder). Almost every lead was in jeopardy late in the ball game due to his conservative prevent defense. I remember it being a running and sad joke each time we had less than a td lead with 3 minutes to go in a game.

Chavis is a SAINT. You take that back!

But really, I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of Chavis' secondary play. So would Eric Berry, Deion Grant, Gibril Wilson and Jason Allen.

Reactions: 1 person

Roper will soon be a head coach. I am concerned that he will bring the UF offense to the point where UF will be back where they were. He may have been the best hire in the SEC this year.

Last year by ponts per game.

Tennessee 31.6 87th in the country.
Lsu 22.5 22nd in the country.

The last year we had Cheif in 08.

Tennessee 16.8 10th in the country.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back