Coach Jones on young team

the infection of the locker room is almost clean. The guys tired of the bs on the Hill the last few years are almost all gone. New blood and energy is mixed in with good upperclassmen leaders like Worley, AJ and Maggit. Like Butch said, they are eager and have no preconceived notions. In many years, younger guys would already be affected and infected by bad attitudes on the team and by guys that just wanted to be done.
They will play for each other soon and have enough talent to get us to Atlanta. Butch was smart enough to fix the fractured locker room and former lettermen relationships asap and we will all see the results.

Reactions: 6 people
I could see us beating Utah St by 6, beat Ark St by 3, then all the sudden beat OU on the road by 17. Not likely but you get my point. This team will be truly unpredictable IMO. Which I don't see as a bad thing especially this year and is part of the beauty of college football.

I could see us beating Utah St by 6, beat Ark St by 3, then all the sudden beat OU on the road by 17. Not likely but you get my point. This team will be truly unpredictable IMO. Which I don't see as a bad thing especially this year and is part of the beauty of college football.

I want what your drinking!

Reactions: 4 people
Just remember we haven't even won an SEC road game in 7 years (other than UK and Vandy). We will suck this year, but we will grow each game barring injuries. Let's just try to get to a bowl game.

Reactions: 3 people
On one hand, the promising young talent means there is the potential to surprise, but it's not the ideal formula. This uncertainty might explain why Jones has Tennessee aiming for a bowl game while Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen were tossing out division titles as goals at media days this month.

"Everything is about a bowl game and getting back to that," Jones said

Ill have what THEY are drinking. If Candy thinks its going to top of the SEC East this year, it really shows they have gone "full retard" and lost touch with any semblance of reality. I do like that CBJ has a bowl game firmly in his sights instead of spouting foolishness. We have awesome potential that is only going to get better as the new players get experience on the field - but that will develop throughout the year and not overnight.

Reactions: 5 people
Just remember we haven't even won an SEC road game in 7 years (other than UK and Vandy). We will suck this year, but we will grow each game barring injuries. Let's just try to get to a bowl game.
negavol imo, jmo, tifwiw, siap. :dry:

Can't remember heading into a Fall Vol campaign where I believe that the Neyland crowd could perhaps be the difference in a couple of games. USU should be intimidated as heck when they walk onto Shields Watkins Field for while our team might be inexperienced, VolNation isn't. The crowd can't go quiet if we get down 10 points early - every Vol Fan also has 60 minutes to perform when in Neyland. Fair weather fans need to stay home and give their tickets to those that bleed orange. Go Big Orange!

Eh...

Mason isn't that far off. The East truly is up for grabs and Vanderbilt OR us could end up taking it at the end of the day. The only team completely out of the mix at this point is Kentucky.

Butch is doing it the right way, however. By shooting for a good bowl game you will automatically put yourself in position to win a weak division.

"It's hard to believe that there isn't an individual in Tennessee football's football program right now from a players' standpoint [that's] participated in a bowl game.

That is a sad statement.

Reactions: 5 people
Most encouraging thing in that article is this quote: "There were no staff changes for the first offseason since 2007."

That is one concrete difference between this team and the other teams we've had since. 2007 is also the last season we won >7 games (we finished 10-4 and beat Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl).

Reactions: 1 person
Most encouraging thing in that article is this quote: "There were no staff changes for the first offseason since 2007."

That is one concrete difference between this team and the other teams we've had since. 2007 is also the last season we won >7 games (we finished 10-4 and beat Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl).
This is true. At this point, regardless of how we perform, stability is what the program needs.

Eh...

Mason isn't that far off. The East truly is up for grabs and Vanderbilt OR us could end up taking it at the end of the day. The only team completely out of the mix at this point is Kentucky.

Butch is doing it the right way, however. By shooting for a good bowl game you will automatically put yourself in position to win a weak division.

Vandy is going to implode this season, 5-7 if Ky don't beat them. If they played our schedule 3-9.

The sky is the limit. Never under estimate the fire in a desperate person's belly. You can feel Butch has changed the attitude of these players...you can tell the new blood is hungry...starving for glory...dying to be victorious in the name Tennessee Volunteer Football!!!! What is going to happen...who the Hell knows but I promise you these future teams are going to play on another level with a purpose not seen since the 90's!

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gif

Reactions: 2 people
The sky is the limit. Never under estimate the fire in a desperate person's belly. You can feel Butch has changed the attitude of these players...you can tell the new blood is hungry...starving for glory...dying to be victorious in the name Tennessee Volunteer Football!!!! What is going to happen...who the Hell knows but I promise you these future teams are going to play on another level with a purpose not seen since the 90's!

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gif

Dude, you write "Get Well" cards, or birthday cards?
You gettn me fired up! (strictly speaking)

VN Store

Back