Vol Navy question

ut18vols

Does anyone know if people who own houseboats on the river rent their boat for game weekends? It came up in a random conversation last night and I think it would be a great experience. I wouldn't even want to drive it. It would mainly be used for sleeping, tailgating, and partying after a win.

Thanks for any input and if this should be moved to another sub, I understand, I wasn't sure where to post this question.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure someone somewhere on Ft. Loudon will, its just a question of money.

You're going to need a lot of it.

Would love to have a group of people and rent one to hangout on for game day. It kills me that my sister got to be a part of he Vol Navy and she complained about how much she hated it the whole time!(not a UT fan and hates anything sports related) I would of gladly traded places with her.

Why would anyone rent their personal boat out to anyone? Unbelievably irresponsible and risky......

Wow, Queen Prisilla - I had no idea in my 35+ years of Knoxville experiences that something like that was available. A sweet ride up Lake Louden I am sure. Neat.

I do not have a boat there but I must admit I "staggered" through there on one particular night.... stopped at almost every "ship" there and helped myself to each fridge.. I did not know a soul but it did not seem to matter... had a ball!

Go Vols and Go Vol Navy!

People can't get a DUI driving your house or hit someone with it, injuring or even killing them. It is a little different.
Insert Leonard Little reference here.

Well they can do that with a rented car too....but you don't think Hertz or Enterprise is going to get sued do you. It's why you sign paperwork. Renting a boat is no different.

There is absolutely nothing risky about renting out your watercraft. That's what insurance and contracts are for.

Reactions: 2 people
As a Boat owner, there would be NO WAY I would rent mine out to anyone. But there are some that rent houseboats as stated in a earlier thread.

There is absolutely nothing risky about renting out your watercraft. That's what insurance and contracts are for.

I wouldn't be certain about insurance. You may have problems with a standard policy. Those are assuming personal use, not renting.

I agree no way I would rent my boat out but am always happy to have a beverage and hang with people that come down to the docks and visit. My brother and his wife are making their first Vol Navy trip for Utah State with us. Both Vandy grads so their rent is they have to wear orange!

Reactions: 1 person
This is definitely on my bucket list. Not sure how I'd pull it off really, not knowing anyone. My brother and I will probably go check out the Navy before a game or two this season. Maybe we'll get an invite to come hang for a little while :D

VN Store

Back