Former Vol sums it up well

Nocleats

Former Vol Corey Larkins summed up what I have seen for the past 5 years, well actually up to last year when it began to change.
Corey Larkins: "I just want to see some fight. I've seen our guys for the last few years not only get beat to the ground, but then the other players push up off their chest to go back to the huddle and our guys just got up and walked back to the huddle. I want to see some guys with some fight and defend the program. That mentality came from the guy we had before Coach Jones. Derek Dooley was a loser. He'll always be a loser and he rubbed off on the program and created a losing attitude."
He is spot on. I want to see some players get pis$ed off. I want to see some revenge on the field. I want to see a violent response to a challenge... GO VOLS

Reactions: 48 people
Now you are talking, the only thing worse than getting beat in a fight is not to try to fight. And that was Dooley's legacy. Get up VOLS

Reactions: 5 people
Former Vol Corey Larkins summed up what I have seen for the past 5 years, well actually up to last year when it began to change.
Corey Larkins: "I just want to see some fight. I've seen our guys for the last few years not only get beat to the ground, but then the other players push up off their chest to go back to the huddle and our guys just got up and walked back to the huddle. I want to see some guys with some fight and defend the program. That mentality came from the guy we had before Coach Jones. Derek Dooley was a loser. He'll always be a loser and he rubbed off on the program and created a losing attitude."
He is spot on. I want to see some players get pis$ed off. I want to see some revenge on the field. I want to see a violent response to a challenge... GO VOLS

I Like It!:good!:

Nothing worse than getting your azz beat on the field and then the opposing player say: "Well at least you smell clean and hygienic. What shower techniques to you use?"

Reactions: 1 person
Larkin is mean little guy. I used to have a lot of encounters with him back in the day, and he has got to be one of the toughest football players UT ever had. He's spot on with his assessment.

Yep. And when you offer 2nd tier guys scholarship that had no big offers you get guys who were good on bad teams, aka losers. It's not their fault but when you are not used to winning it becomes a habit.

Butch brought in kids who have won state titles repeatedly. Scott comes in this year after winning 3 straight state titles, you're telling me that kid wont be fighting tooth and nail for a RB spot? Those guys create competition and that breeds greatness.

Just a few years away.

Was this an article or a radio interview? I'd like to read/hear the full context if available. TIA :hi:

Al Wilson: "I really don't even want to say the names of the two guys who were there between Coach Fulmer and Coach Jones. They don't deserve to have their names mentioned with Tennessee football.

Reactions: 23 people
Even if Butch ultimately can't get it done, at least he is bringing passion, the right attitude, is fully invested in the program, and wants to be here. I will always be glad Butch is/was our coach for however long he is going to be here.

Reactions: 3 people
Even if Butch ultimately can't get it done, at least he is bringing in the players, the right attitude, is fully invested in the program, and wants to be here. I will always be glad Butch is/was our coach for however long he is going to be here.

fyp

Reactions: 3 people
Al Wilson: "I really don't even want to say the names of the two guys who were there between Coach Fulmer and Coach Jones. They don't deserve to have their names mentioned with Tennessee football.

Can't describe how much I love Al Wilson

Reactions: 5 people
Eddie Moore: "I have Coach Fulmer's cell number and I know even if it's years since I've seen him I can call him. I was just at Coach Chavis's house recently to have dinner and that's the type relationship I have with those guys. The whole time I was at Coach Chavis's, all he talked about was his days at UT. I could see in his eyes that he misses it. He misses it a whole lot. He didn't want to leave there, but he had to and he's done big things at a new place. But you can tell Tennessee is still a special place for him."

Hmm....makes you wonder....

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back