The National Championship year!

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
Time for a short story. Back in 98' when the Vols were about 8 games into the season, my friend bought me a Michigan poster. He was from Detriot and a huge Michigan fan. Inside the poster was a small device that when pressed would play the school's fight song. I opened the poster while he laughed thinking he got me. When I pushed the button on the device we were expecting to hear the Michigan fight song, instead it played Rocky Top! We couldn't believe it. I knew then that we were going to win the NC. He became a Vol fan from that day forward. I'm bored so I thought I would share. Anyone got something similar to tell?:rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 13 people
iWKad22.jpg

Reactions: 17 people
Time for a short story. Back in 98' when the Vols were about 8 games into the season, my friend bought me a Michigan poster. He was from Detriot and a huge Michigan fan. Inside the poster was a small device that when pressed would play the school's fight song. I opened the poster while he laughed thinking he got me. When I pushed the button on the device we were expecting to hear the Michigan fight song, instead it played Rocky Top! We couldn't believe it. I knew then that we were going to win the NC. He became a Vol fan from that day forward. I'm bored so I thought I would share. Anyone got something similar to tell?:rock::rock::rock:

Wut?

Reactions: 1 person
The mere fact that I clicked on this thread thinking it would be filled with fantastic memories of that miraculous National Championship Season....

And got this....

smgdmfh......

Reactions: 6 people
The mere fact that I clicked on this thread thinking it would be filed with fantastic memories of that miraculous National Championship Season....

And got this....

smgdmfh......

Yet you still posted. Precious.:blink:

I, for one apparently, liked the story. Thanks for sharing.

Hate Bama, Hate U of M. The rest is just details.

AV

Reactions: 4 people
kewl story potassium bromide

Attachments

• u94fq.jpg
    u94fq.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Cool_dd16c4_1054601.jpg
    Cool_dd16c4_1054601.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
  • cool+story+bro.+aint+a+clue+if+this+already+exists_ff5759_3462961.jpg
    cool+story+bro.+aint+a+clue+if+this+already+exists_ff5759_3462961.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
  • e22d0524495d9fc02ac7aa17c01e5af9.jpg
    e22d0524495d9fc02ac7aa17c01e5af9.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 7 people
Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed. A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shoot'n at some food. And up through the ground came a bubblin orange. Vols that is, Football, Tennessee Pride.

Reactions: 2 people

throne-of-lies.gif

Reactions: 3 people
So... The dude became a life long vol fan because of a poster that played rocky top?

That's just weird to me. I'm not trying to be rude tho.

Reactions: 3 people
So... The dude became a life long vol fan because of a poster that played rocky top?

That's just weird to me. I'm not trying to be rude tho.

He did. He is still a Michigan fan but he also loves the Vols. What were the chances that the one poster he bought had a mistake like this? He bought the poster in Michigan. I am still amazed it happened but it did. Destiny.

I realize you can't post anything or share anything on here without the mental midgets coming out in force to criticize. It's ridiculous. No wonder this forum gets made fun of so often.:mf_surrender:

I laughed. It's one of cool story bro things. But it was funny cause I knew the other posters were going to hay day with this. It really is a cool story though

My ticket cost $500.

I flew on a charter flight out of Knoxville full of Vol fans.

You guys want to hear anything else?

I knew we would win the Nat. Champ. because it's was John Ward's last game in the booth.

Reactions: 2 people
We had 1 good recruiting class, and got another one going so why don't we get to a bowl before we talk NC, check with me in 17 then I can tell you where we stand when coach took over there was less talent on the team than I ever saw on our team in 42 years as fan, we got to be patient, we were the last pickle in the barrel when coach took over, like he said BRICK by BRICK, I would like to throw a block in there to speed it up but we cant, or it will FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF the process up.

VN Store

Back