2015 Home Opener - Oklahoma

I"d love for UT to edge them out at Norman this year, then take them to the woodshed next year at Neyland, teach Stoops a lesson. Give him an ole southern whoopin.

Reactions: 6 people
Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Not sure about 2015 but looks like the Sooners will probably be without 5 star RB Joe Mixon this year..he allegedly broke a woman's face in four places last night

OU freshman Joe Mixon involved in altercation in Norman | News OK
this woman

EDIT*

EDIT*

Appreciate the info on the incident but posting this girl's mugshot just isn't cool, imo. A then-19 year old getting cited for marijuana paraphernalia, an open container and being a minor with alcohol is kid stuff - high school kid stuff and college kid stuff. It doesn't even indicate 'bad girl' or 'rebel' status and hasn't for a while - just indicates you screwed up and got busted.

She's a student there and not a public figure so it just seems that her privacy ought to be respected. And as a victim of the crime in question, her past is irrelevant.

I realize everybody wants to know everything about everything about everybody these days but I just find it distasteful (call me old fashioned about this but most of us were lucky enough to live in an age where if you did manage to get caught for stuff so minor it was largely unknown, mugshots weren't plastered all over the place back then and we were also allowed to make screw ups without it being caught on camera phones and plastered across the internet).

Feel free to disagree with me/disregard, like I said I'm a bit old fashioned about this even though I'm not that old. Just the way I am, I guess. :hi:

---
Edited to reflect changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Appreciate the info on the incident but posting this girl's mugshot just isn't cool, imo. A then-19 year old getting cited for marijuana paraphernalia, an open container and being a minor with alcohol is kid stuff - high school kid stuff and college kid stuff. It doesn't even indicate 'bad girl' or 'rebel' status and hasn't for a while - just indicates you screwed up and got busted.

She's a student there and not a public figure so it just seems that her privacy ought to be respected. And as a victim of the crime in question, her past is irrelevant.

I realize everybody wants to know everything about everything about everybody these days but I just find it distasteful (call me old fashioned about this but most of us were lucky enough to live in an age where if you did manage to get caught for stuff so minor it was largely unknown, mugshots weren't plastered all over the place back then and we were also allowed to make screw ups without it being caught on camera phones and plastered across the internet).

Feel free to disagree with me/disregard, like I said I'm a bit old fashioned about this even though I'm not that old. Just the way I am, I guess. :hi:

yeah you're right..there was a story that posted her name but it has since been taken offline..I updated my post

Reactions: 2 people
4567d72528d7e4c78ca9405823ead13c4e104f6124247edd29b135de457f3672.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
No more BCS championship either I just heard

Next thing you know, they are gonna cancel Laverne and Shirley

yeah you're right..there was a story that posted her name but it has since been taken offline..I updated my post

It's just something I feel strongly about and bravo to you. :hi:

ETA: I took out the links in my own post that quoted yours to reflect the changes you made.

Last edited:
The news that it would be the home opener is new. UAB in Nashville opens the season , OU was in for either week 2 or 3. Based on this news, it'll be week 2.
Thank you! For those who care to follow the link, there is 20 minutes of Dave Hart addressing a lot of issues including the Eric Knight basketball saga. Seems some people just don't get it if you know what I mean!

VN Store

Back