More Important Win: Florida or Bama?

Captain Awesome

For this year, which is the more important win? Now, don't get me wrong, I fully realize that Bama would be the bigger and more unexpected win. However, they have been beating everyone and will likely continue to do so for a while. People don't see that as an even match and don't expect us to win that one any time soon. Other than a few years with Tebow, they don't hover around the top three in the nation every year like Bama does either. Florida, though, seems to always be the monkey on Tennessee's back. Florida has beaten us nine years in a row with different coaches. Bama has beaten us seven years in a row with the same coach. People perceive Saban as the mastermind that he is, but I think they see Florida as a school we just can't ever seem to beat or get the better of. We completely owned Bama from 1995 to 2006, losing only once. Florida has beaten us 22 out of the last 28 times we have played them. I think Florida is the more important win for this season. What say you, VolNation?

Reactions: 8 people
I can see your thinking behind this and how we have always struggled with Florida, but I think Bama would be a more important win. That would take our recruiting to another level and it would also put us in the national spotlight more so than a win against Florida.

Reactions: 5 people
Gators - for the division race in the SEC East. When the Vols beat Florida they usually go on to having a good season.

Reactions: 18 people
Bama, so I can finally get some payback after living in purgatory for the last 6 years.

Although Saban would shrug off the loss as a consolation game or something. They'd find some excuses and that kinda sounds like fun to listen to...

Reactions: 2 people
Gotta end the streak against Florida. We're used to a streaky rivalry with Bama, but 10 d*** years in a row to Florida and I would drink myself into a coma.

Reactions: 7 people
Alabama for the long term a game that will be talked about for DECADES!!! However if we beat Florida it will be short term sort of like beating USC last year it was magical and great but wore of after a few blowouts. Florida would kick start our season and put us on the right track. Alabama would make the season worth it even if we go 5-7 vols fans would not care because we beat #1 2 or 3rd ranked bama

crying-alabama-fan-sports-crying-gifs.gif

Reactions: 12 people
If we can't beat UF, I doubt we can beat Alabama either. And losing to UF next season could end up being as bad as losing to them last year the way they ended up.

Beating swamp lizzards when they're down and the VOLS are on their way up would be nice, .. BUT beating the Toidy Bowl crowd with their stoooooopid TP rolls over Tide boxes on the National Holyday of The Third Saturday in October AND since (as the screen of my cell becomes wet with tears of burning shame) they are ligitimately in the very top of CFL's elite would by everything that has any meaning in college football legend and lore be the bigger, better, and most important win.

Nothing else is remotely close.

Beating swamp lizzards when they're down and the VOLS are on their way up would be nice, .. BUT beating the Toidy Bowl crowd with their stoooooopid TP rolls over Tide boxes on the National Holyday of The Third Saturday in October AND since (as the screen of my cell becomes wet with tears of burning shame) they are ligitimately in the very top of CFL's elite would by everything that has any meaning in college football legend and lore be the bigger, better, and most important win.

I'll have what he's having.

Oh and Buck Fama

Bama always and...I want to hear them squeal "we just didnt really want to win cause it was a gimme game...etc"....like after oku curb stomped them.

Reactions: 1 person
Beating swamp lizzards when they're down and the VOLS are on their way up would be nice, .. BUT beating the Toidy Bowl crowd with their stoooooopid TP rolls over Tide boxes on the National Holyday of The Third Saturday in
October AND since (as the screen of my cell becomes wet with tears of burning shame) they are ligitimately in the very top of CFL's elite would by everything that has any meaning in college football legend and lore be the bigger, better, and most important win.

46000_o.gif

Reactions: 1 person
A Rusty Nail.

Half of whatever's your favorite scotch and half Drambuie...over rocks.

Oh, & there's a spot in an inner circle of Hell reserved for the azzhats who moved The Most Important Game of The Year off The Third Saturday in October!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back