Hard to believe its been this BAD!

Bvols48

Looks as if a few other teams will be in the same boat next year. However the future is looking better and better. Can't wait to see how this years Vols improve.

STARTING STARTS

Tennessee's offensive line enters the 2014 season with just six career combined starts, which is by far the least in the nation. While the Vols are replacing their entire starting unit from 2013, most of the SEC is welcoming back multiple starters. Here's what the rest of the league returns up front, according to each program's preseason media guide.

Team Returning career starts

Alabama 37

Arkansas 47

Auburn 112

Florida 55

Georgia 57

Kentucky 73

LSU 75

Mississippi State 76

Missouri 72

Ole Miss 42

South Carolina 113

Tennessee 6

Texas A&M 89

Vanderbilt 83

Looks as if a few other teams will be in the same boat next year. However the future is looking better and better. Can't wait to see how this years Vols improve.

STARTING STARTS

Tennessee's offensive line enters the 2014 season with just six career combined starts, which is by far the least in the nation. While the Vols are replacing their entire starting unit from 2013, most of the SEC is welcoming back multiple starters. Here's what the rest of the league returns up front, according to each program's preseason media guide.

Alabama 37

Arkansas 47

Auburn 112

Florida 55

Georgia 57

Kentucky 73

LSU 75

Mississippi State 76

Missouri 72

Ole Miss 42

South Carolina 113

Tennessee 6

Texas A&M 89

Vanderbilt 83

So you're saying our Oline doesn't have experience starting???

Wow, I didn't know that

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Excuse for losing 1st game IMO...lol

That's the reason cbj missing a bowl game last year will hurt if its as bad a year as people are trying to predict.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like the same thing we said heading into 2010. We had solid starters selected then, thats why they stayed there for years.

We aren't devoid of talent, just experience. We will be fine.

Reactions: 9 people
I know this is a tough pill to swallow but...I really believe we are better off starting a fresh group. the last group was terrible. all we ever heard was how good they were yet we were terrible at running. and terrible at passing. what the hell were these guys good at? And on top of it all...our line was responsible for tons of penalties last year. call me crazy but I'm glad to see a new o line. even if it means having some growing pains

Reactions: 16 people
Cross eyed Harry had the same issue his first year.. The players we are plugging in are on paper better and some have been in the S&C program for several years. M Jackson, former starter

Reactions: 2 people
That is really an eye opening stat.

Got me thinking. I remember a pretty good OL coach (Fulmer) once said in a perfect world I'd like 5 5th year seniors every year. W/O injuries that would be a perpetual 0 returning starters.

M Jackson is a stud and a grown man. Wiesman is a beast. He has a mean streak and was better than the starter last year when put in games. Mack Crowder = or better than Stone. Kerbyson is solid. The line is mature. Big ? mark is at Left Tackle. We need that big JUCO kid to take control of that position. I think the O line will suprise people. D line bigger ? mark in my opinion. DT particularly.

:unsure::crossfingers:
M Jackson is a stud and a grown man. Wiesman is a beast. He has a mean streak and was better than the starter last year when put in games. Mack Crowder = or better than Stone. Kerbyson is solid. The line is mature. Big ? mark is at Left Tackle. We need that big JUCO kid to take control of that position. I think the O line will suprise people. D line bigger ? mark in my opinion. DT particularly.

:unsure: :crossfingers: :dunno:

I know this is a tough pill to swallow but...I really believe we are better off starting a fresh group. the last group was terrible. all we ever heard was how good they were yet we were terrible at running. and terrible at passing. what the hell were these guys good at? And on top of it all...our line was responsible for tons of penalties last year. call me crazy but I'm glad to see a new o line. even if it means having some growing pains

Lol.

So you're telling me you would rather have Kerbyson and Blair over James and Richardson? An overweight Juco and a RS Junior with ZERO career starts over two guys that will play in the NFL this season?

C'mon man!

Lol.

So you're telling me you would rather have Kerbyson and Blair over James and Richardson? An overweight Juco and a RS Junior with ZERO career starts over two guys that will play in the NFL this season?

C'mon man!

One will play, and one is trying to make the team. Don't exaggerate.

I read an article on USA Today that talked about how young and new Oklahoma was and they were considered the youngest in the country, which i thought was hard to believe compared to us....

STARTING STARTS

Alabama 37

Arkansas 47

Auburn 112

Florida 55

Georgia 57

Kentucky 73

LSU 75

Mississippi State 76

Missouri 72

Ole Miss 42

South Carolina 113

Tennessee 6

Texas A&M 89

Vanderbilt 83

Does this mean KY will beat Tennessee??? Probably not.... Also have to consider talent vs starts to have a better formula.

That's where its won in this league, just saying we better click real fast.

Probably wont happen. They need to make gains as they go and show steady improvement going into the back quarter of the schedule.

I think they have a few good pieces but need to get better on the roster which does happen quick.

.....Dooley

Actually attrition from all the past 3 staffs caused this, especially Kiffins only class

Anytime you are extra young, as this year, you're likely to be young again in 4. Its just how it goes. Remember in 2010, we started 2 sophomores and 3 freshman on the offensive line

You can only recruit so many a year and they have to be split between both sides of the ball. If you don't get some RS years out of players or Seniors staying, your team will go through this every 4 years. The cycle will only stop if we can retain current players and RS the others so that we don't end up with an inexperienced line

VN Store

Back