SDS - Projecting SEC stat leaders: Wide Receiver

WilliamDuVOL

Projecting SEC stat leaders: Wide Receiver | Saturday Down South

VERGE OF STARDOM
Marquez North, Tennessee: Look up ‘BEAST’ in the dictionary and you’ll find a photo of North’s mug next to Godzilla, the king of the monsters. By season’s end, North has a chance to be king of SEC receivers if Butch Jones can lock in a reliable quarterback. North’s catch radius is his best attribute, revealed last season when the freshman hauled in several passes most receivers would’ve mishandled. When the ball’s in the air, North’s ability to snatch it away from defensive backs looks effortless.

I can't wait to see him play this year, and it can only get better.

Reactions: 10 people
We are stocked with WR talent. If whichever of our QB's can get the ball to them, we will burn some DB's. Im also excited about our TE play. Hope our QB goes thru progressions enough to see them open....instead of just staring down WR's and sticking to plan. If Worley starts...I hope he has worked on his checkdowns...cause he's no Bray. Bray was accurate.

Said in another thread that North reminds me of D. Thomas of the Broncos....
tencatch.gif

vols.gif

20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif

2013-09-29-18_23_35.gif

DTTD.gif

Reactions: 1 person
This dude reminds me so much of Julio Jones but with better hands. I don't mean he's as good, I mean the size, speed, and physicality.

He will crack a thousand yards like Da'Rick did as a sophomore.

`with our wr talent hell just throw the ball up 1 of those guys will get it. looking forward to worley having a 3000 yd season.

This dude reminds me so much of Julio Jones but with better hands. I don't mean he's as good, I mean the size, speed, and physicality.

He will crack a thousand yards like Da'Rick did as a sophomore.

David Ricky had a gunslinger with a cannon for an arm throwing to him that season. If our QB play is much improved from last season, which I think it will be, then it might happen. But the QB this season should also have a bunch of targets to spread the ball around this season, so it may not just be the North show.

Reactions: 1 person
YAK will be our friend this year, where as just catching the ball and running the correct routes was our goal last year.

VN Store

Back