Recruiting ?

AndyMizunogolfer

What in the world was the previous staff doing? I didn't really keep up much on recruiting until recently. So I didn't really think much about not having verbal commits this early.

Reactions: 3 people
183846_t607.JPG

Speaks volumes....

Reactions: 8 people
IDK what dooley was doing.

I do know it takes a spectacular effort to recruit at the highest of levels, and I KNOW butch and co are doing everything it takes.

Reactions: 8 people
I can't believe there was nothing in the contract about performance and earning yor money.

Welcome to college and NFL coaching. I can't ever see where performance will be reflected in salary UNLESS it is a positive for the coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I just can't seem to get my brain around the notion that Hammy concluded nobody else more qualified than Dooley was available after Kiffin's departure.

Reactions: 6 people
I bet that The dallas WRS want to hit him in the face every chance they get, he is such a terrible coach.

I've sort of moved past hating on Dooley. I am much more angry at Hamilton for hiring someone that clearly was not ready for this Job. I can't blame the man for seizing the opportunity given to him, much like many of the "diamond in the rough" players that we gave scholarships to during the Dooley era. Can't blame them for taking them.

Despite Dooley's win/loss record and complete ineptness in recruiting, I'm at least thankful to him for a couple of things..

1.) Establishing the VFL program. I think that was a great idea and I honestly do believe it benefits the players greatly.

2.) His input on the design of the Anderson Training Center. That place is a palace and believe it or not, Dooley had a lot of input in the way it's designed. Now it's a huge recruiting tool for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I really don't understand the continued infatuation with bringing up Dooley. Was it a successful hire? No. Did he curtail his recruiting his last months on the job? Appears so. But he brought in AJ, tiny, Lane, J. Williams, Kerbyson, Crowder and others who are the core of this years team. I'm not advocating that he should still be around, and he lost my support but you guys act as though he never hit a lick at a snake.

Quit bringing him up and let's be glad we got Butch and pull for Team 118.

Reactions: 6 people
I've sort of moved past hating on Dooley. I am much more angry at Hamilton for hiring someone that clearly was not ready for this Job. I can't blame the man for seizing the opportunity given to him, much like many of the "diamond in the rough" players that we gave scholarships to during the Dooley era. Can't blame them for taking them.

Despite Dooley's win/loss record and complete ineptness in recruiting, I'm at least thankful to him for a couple of things..

1.) Establishing the VFL program. I think that was a great idea and I honestly do believe it benefits the players greatly.

2.) His input on the design of the Anderson Training Center. That place is a palace and believe it or not, Dooley had a lot of input in the way it's designed. Now it's a huge recruiting tool for us.

That and his players know how to take a hell of a shower now.

Reactions: 4 people
I really don't understand the continued infatuation with bringing up Dooley. Was it a successful hire? No. Did he curtail his recruiting his last months on the job? Appears so. But he brought in AJ, tiny, Lane, J. Williams, Kerbyson, Crowder and others who are the core of this years team. I'm not advocating that he should still be around, and he lost my support but you guys act as though he never hit a lick at a snake.

Tiny coming back?

The Germans are coming.. What do we do?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back