Butch Jones no stranger to Oklahoma (played 2010)

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Sept 25,2010 At home against Oklahoma in his first year as Cincinnati head coach lost 31-29

A year later, he beat Vandy in liberty bowl while there also (2011)

Reactions: 4 people
Oklahoma will have a disappointing season this year. Mark it down. Not saying we will beat them, but people are hyping them up because they beat an uninspired Bama team.

Reactions: 13 people
Sept 25,2010 At home against Oklahoma in his first year as Cincinnati head coach lost 31-29

A year later, he beat Vandy in liberty bowl while there also (2011)

Oklahoma and Vandy....I'm pretty sure that's the 1st time they've ever been mentioned together.

Reactions: 12 people
Oklahoma will have a disappointing season this year. Mark it down. Not saying we will beat them, but people are hyping them up because they beat an uninspired Bama team.

Define disappointing?

I couldn't be more sick of Bama getting a pass for losing games because "they lost interest" or "they had bigger things in mind." Screw em. The game is on the schedule. Not caring should be a criticism, not a free pass.

Oklahoma handled Alabama. If Alabama showed up disinterested, they got what they deserved. Line up and play.

Reactions: 40 people

Wouldn't say Bama was uninspired but I would say that Bama just couldn't get the right match ups and their scheme got exposed.

Quit frankly OU is in a similar position as us. They aren't to sure about QB play. I'm not saying we will beat them but I will say we will give them problems with our improved speed.

Reactions: 2 people
I think OU will be surprised at the TN talent level and could potentially over look us a bit. However, it's early in the season so a lot can happen. My guess is we get behind early and make a 2nd half comeback to keep it close. OU 28 TN 20. This would be a good outcome and hopefully no major injuries since UGA is the next week.

Reactions: 3 people
I couldn't be more sick of Bama getting a pass for losing games because "they lost interest" or "they had bigger things in mind." Screw em. The game is on the schedule. Not caring should be a criticism, not a free pass.

Oklahoma handled Alabama. If Alabama showed up disinterested, they got what they deserved. Line up and play.

Thank you. Living in Alabama, I get so sick of hearing this. If Saban can't get his players motivated for a BCS bowl then he needs a zero or two removed from his paycheck.

Reactions: 8 people
I think OU will be surprised at the TN talent level and could potentially over look us a bit. However, it's early in the season so a lot can happen. My guess is we get behind early and make a 2nd half comeback to keep it close. OU 28 TN 20. This would be a good outcome and hopefully no major injuries since UGA is the next week.

To me a "good" outcome would be TN 28 OU 20

I see your point though

Reactions: 3 people

It really bothers me when people constantly make excuses for Bama losing. They got beat, its just that simple. No excuses required. Fk Bama and Saban

Reactions: 4 people

You beat me to it

Reactions: 1 person

just like when they lost to Utah,,,no interest in being there,,,,but I'm glad they got beat, OU is over hyped

Same thing was said when Utah whipped their ass. No excuses. Bama got handled.

Wouldn't say Bama was uninspired but I would say that Bama just couldn't get the right match ups and their scheme got exposed.

Quit frankly OU is in a similar position as us. They aren't to sure about QB play. I'm not saying we will beat them but I will say we will give them problems with our improved speed.

That's a big difference. They lost trying to win.

I'd give this month's pay and my left wing to be in the same position as OU right now. They have their issues, but our programs are not even in the same area code with our issues.

Define disappointing?

Worse finish than what the media predicts for them. ESPN, Sporting News, etc. etc.

Pre-season top # 25 has Okla homo at # 4. Anything less than a top # 4 finish at season's end would be a disappointment.

VN Store

Back