ESPN Recruiting survey

volchemist11

ESPN conducted a survey of the top 300 2015 football recruits asking questions about best food, facilities, campus atmosphere etc... Tennessee finished near the top in every category. 1st in food, 2nd in facilities. Further illustrates the great job this staff is doing to sell how great a place Tennessee is.

Early Offer: The survey also says ... - ESPN

Reactions: 6 people
Pay article. Any interesting parts you could post or summarize?

For those who don't have espn insider:

They talked with a bunch of highly pursued recruits about experiences in recruiting.

The 4 categories ESPN seemed to focus on were Best Food, Best Facilities, Best campus atmosphere and uniforms.

UT had the best food.

UT was ranked number 2 it seems behind Bama in facilites.

UT was listed in a group of like 7 schools as having a great atmospere led by clemson florida and auburn.

Oregon dominated the uni's and UT wasnt mentioned.

Basically recruits are noticing and talking about whats going on here at UT

Reactions: 17 people
I have missed this somewhere. What is the deal with peanut butter remarks

Butch hand churns home made peanut butter for UT's football team. Some say he puts his very own "Butch Stones Secret Sauce" inside to give it that extra flavor.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember someone saying NIKE wants to make Tennessee another Oregon with the uniform switch. I hope so. Love the UT orange. But let the young players have some excitement with their changing styles. Can't wait for the orange Camo.

Reactions: 3 people
I remember someone saying NIKE wants to make Tennessee another Oregon with the uniform switch. I hope so. Love the UT orange. But let the young players have some excitement with their changing styles. Can't wait for the orange Camo.

I'm cool with the Smokey gray and the Black,but Orange Camo,no just no,but HELL NO...

Reactions: 4 people
Can't see where ala could have any facility that tops Tennessee

It's a judgement based on relative perception. Let me explain, if you were asked to rate a Hawaiian vacation resort and all you have ever known are 5 star resorts in exotic locations, your rating would be lower than someone who normally stays at the Holiday Inn in Iowa for vacation. So, after recruits pass the trailer parks, obese toothless inbreds, dogs with mange, and a dimwitted, white trash boy playing, "Dueling Banjos", on the porch of a general store, the Bama facilities look like The Taj Mahal.

Reactions: 14 people
It's a judgement based on relative perception. Let me explain, if you were asked to rate a Hawaiian vacation resort and all you have ever known are 5 star resorts in exotic locations, your rating would be lower than someone who normally stays at the Holiday Inn in Iowa for vacation. So, after recruits pass the trailer parks, obese toothless inbreds, dogs with mange, and a dimwitted, white trash boy playing, "Dueling Banjos", on the porch of a general store, the Bama facilities look like The Taj Mahal.

:eek:lol:

Truth right here.

Reactions: 2 people
I have missed this somewhere. What is the deal with peanut butter remarks

The Juco wr who we ended up parting ways with (not Jackson or Pearson) said something about how amazing the homemade peanuts butter was.

I think it may have been made by the S&C staff. But I don't remember.

Edit: Lauderdale.

Last edited:
I think we should be a little more open minded about our uniform design. I know we have 100+ years of our traditional style and don’t get me wrong it’s great.

BUT 17yr old kids like the obnoxious sh** that’s being created these days. I’m not saying go all out like Oregon, but maybe new details or accessories would help with our uniform perception. Either way we gon’ whip dey’ azz!

Reactions: 1 person
"ESPN.com's survey was conducted over a three-week period in June and July, and players were asked about their views on college athletics today and their experiences as a heavily recruited player. Some were serious topics, but others not so much. For example, we asked prospects which school had the best food when they visited.

The winner? Tennessee. The Volunteers received high marks from recruits for their game day spread of barbecue, and Knoxville itself was mentioned by a lot of prospects as having great food with a bit of "Southern flair."

Alabama and Texas finished second on the list, with Rama Jama’s restaurant earning approval from a number of prospects after their visits to Tuscaloosa, likewise for barbecue in Austin. Florida, LSU, Duke, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt also placed high on the list.

Recruits also were asked which of the schools they've visited had the best facilities? The runaway winner was Alabama, as 24 percent of the recruits listed the Crimson Tide. One prospect called Alabama's facilities "the Taj Mahal of college football." Tennessee was second, followed by Ohio State and Texas, and then Texas A&M, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, Penn State and Arkansas.

There was no clear-cut leader when recruits were asked which school had the best campus atmosphere. Auburn, Clemson and Florida were the top schools listed by prospects, but Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee and USC were right up there. Alabama, Arkansas, Nebraska, Ohio State, Stanford, Texas and Texas A&M also received high praise.

And this won't come as a shock, but Oregon was named by 72 percent of recruits as having the best uniforms in college football. UCLA registered 5 percent of the votes. The Ducks' dominance was so overwhelming that UCLA, Florida State and Penn State were the only other schools to receive multiple votes with respondents."

Now if we can finish first in the polls that count.

Soon-Sloth.png

Reactions: 2 people
Not camouflage! USCjr. gamechickens want camo everything. Duck Dynasty gooberism at an institition of higher learning, or even UT?..............just kidding since I'm an alum. No camo, though. How about free AR-15's with season tickets and prizes for the shaggiest beards (must exceed a foot in length)? Digressing to seriousness, IMHO Oregon's unis and their fantastic facilities have made a phenomenal difference there, plus they've got a team built for speed, which makes for an exciting place for any generation of youngsters, and not some old fart's rendition of "tradition"...........not a thing wrong with all that, so why not in Knoxville? :popcorn:

Wonder what separates Bama's facilities from our brand new state of the art complex?

VN Store

Back