UT/ALA RB/LB Size comparison

Volinmem

Here is the size comparison of the RB's/LB's. These are pretty significant differences for these positions.

UT - RB 5'10 200
ALA - RB 6'1 222

UT - LB 6'1 225
ALA - LB 6'2 245

Three inches and 22 lbs is a significant difference in RB's.
Only 1 inch in height for the LB's, but 20 lbs is pretty significant also.
Next comparison will be FB/TE.

I'm honestly not surprised though. Bama's bread and butter the last few years has been outstanding RBs, with some great LBs.

Reactions: 2 people
3-4 defense has heavier linebackers. What is our average size of RB without Hurd?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm doing a comparison by positions. The height/weights listed are the averages for both teams.

Gotcha I searched and found a previous thread.

No surprise Bama always has 1-2 beastly running backs and they always have huge linebackers in the 3-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
On a totally unrelated note I just noticed Charles Mosely was officially listed at 374. I hope his weight doesn't get totally out of control while he is rehabbing. At 374 he's about 60 lbs heavier then any of our other offensive lineman.

On a totally unrelated note I just noticed Charles Mosely was officially listed at 374. I hope his weight doesn't get totally out of control while he is rehabbing. At 374 he's about 60 lbs heavier then any of our other offensive lineman.

I might be wrong, but it seems I remember reading recently that he had lost some of that weight. Can anyone confirm?

I think this is one of those things that comes down to offensive philosophy; Alabama is always going to want bigger backs because their run game is built so much on controlling the ball and running between the tackles, so they're going to want guys who shed arm tackles with ease.

I think this is one of those things that comes down to offensive philosophy; Alabama is always going to want bigger backs because their run game is built so much on controlling the ball and running between the tackles, so they're going to want guys who shed arm tackles with ease.

I agree. I hope Hurd stays healthy. Goal line situations could be brutal without him.

Other than Hurd, our other RB's are listed at 5'11 210, 5'8 178, 5'11 188, 5'8 201, 5'9 201, and 5'10 199. Not much size at all.

I'm hoping AJ Johnson told CBJ he'll come back for his senior season as long as he gets to run some from the Beast package. That is one thing Dooley did that I really liked. Would love to see it again.

I'm hoping AJ Johnson told CBJ he'll come back for his senior season as long as he gets to run some from the Beast package. That is one thing Dooley did that I really liked. Would love to see it again.

I personally hope we don't see it until UT's last offensive play of the bowl game, since the whole reason we had to use it in the first place is because our actual RBs weren't capable of picking up any yards.

Their RBs are as big as our LBs which doesn't give us any kind of tackling advantage beyond the line of scrimmage.

VN Store

Back