SIAP: DUI charges dropped against former UT quarterback Erik Ainge

SIAP:

3 Days Ago

Says Arresting officer moved out of state and cannoot testify. Whew!!!!!!!!!!

DUI charges dropped against former UT quarterback Erik Ainge » GoVolsXtra

r

Reactions: 13 people
It's not unusual for DUI cases to be dropped in Knox County because the arresting officer failed to appear in court...I have a friend whose DUI charge was dropped because her arresting officer was fired before her first court appearance...I guess you could call it luck but it's common...I know that Marcos Garza was Ainge's attorney and I believe he works in the office next to Steve Oberman in the Bank of America building. Oberman got my DUI charge dismissed back in 2007 due to some mistakes the officer made. It's not as hard to beat that charge as some people think usually because of how poorly trained the officers are.

Reactions: 1 person
Ainge knows some very big movers and shakers in this town. One phone call is all it takes for things to get swept under the mat.

It's not unusual for DUI cases to be dropped in Knox County because the arresting officer failed to appear in court...I have a friend whose DUI charge was dropped because her arresting officer was fired before her first court appearance...I guess you could call it luck but it's common...I know that Marcos Garza was Ainge's attorney and I believe he works in the office next to Steve Oberman in the Bank of America building. Oberman got my DUI charge dismissed back in 2007 due to some mistakes the officer made. It's not as hard to beat that charge as some people think usually because of how poorly trained the officers are.

more lazy than poorly trained

Reactions: 2 people
I hate to see a fellow VFL go through that. I hope he learns a valuable lesson from this humbling experience.

Ainge: "I've been to AA, but hey hey, give me the bottle. You 12 steppers acting like ya never took a swallow."

Shame on Ainge for getting out of this in this fashion..

He should have done it the way the rest of knox co. does and pay off the judge.

He's a former vol but that's not right. I hate it when people get away with crime they committed.

He's a former vol but that's not right. I hate it when people get away with crime they committed.

I don't think he got away with it just because he is a Vol. Unless you've caused an accident, it's easy to get a DUI charge in Knox County either reduced or dismissed provided that it's a 1st offense charge.

VN Store

Back