DT Saulsberry

Does anyone have updates on how Saulsberry is doing?

He will be a key part if healthy IMO.

I've heard he's supposed to be 100% headed into fall camp. He's had approx 10 months to date to heal up. I agree that he should be a key part. We need him and he was playing pretty well last when he got hurt.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone who advises others to relax is probably in need of relaxing.

It's an age old issue on this forum. Don't start threads with ONLY a player's name. UT fans are snake bit and waiting for bad news to drop.
The throat punch thing is tongue and cheek....., so......, relax.

Proper thread title:
Any updates on Sauls?

Reactions: 8 people

It's an age old issue on this forum. Don't start threads with ONLY a player's name. UT fans are snake bit and waiting for bad news to drop.

Proper thread title:
Any updates on Sauls?

bless your heart

Reactions: 8 people
I've heard he's supposed to be 100% headed into fall camp. He's had approx 10 months to date to heal up. I agree that he should be a key part. We need him and he was playing pretty well last when he got hurt.

"Fall camp?"
Nowadays camp starts in July. Ha. I am pretty sure camp starts today.

hated to see him go down last yr. he was really playing well. For a big guy he had a good motor. He should be good to go for camp. Hope he has a great yr. we need him.

Reactions: 1 person
This guy will be big this year. He won't dominate other teams but he'll hold his own. Next to him Owen Williams will hold his own. Curt on the outside and Corey Vareen on the other. The freshmen will contribute on the line but don't expect any to be amazing their first year.

This line will play as well as last year's line which is big. Look for our LBs to have some playmakers and the DBs to fly around but make some mistakes as freshmen typically do.

Reactions: 2 people
This guy will be big this year. He won't dominate other teams but he'll hold his own.
Don't know what he will do this fall but last year he was very obviously playing the best of UT's DT's. He WAS disruptive. DT's seldom dominate other teams but he was beginning to look like a force before his season was cut short.

Next to him Owen Williams will hold his own. Curt on the outside and Corey Vareen on the other. The freshmen will contribute on the line but don't expect any to be amazing their first year.
If I am not mistaken, Jordan Williams has bulked up and will play DT alongside Saulsberry. He will go from being a relatively slow DE to being a pretty quick DT.

This line will play as well as last year's line which is big. Look for our LBs to have some playmakers and the DBs to fly around but make some mistakes as freshmen typically do.
I am hoping for about a 4 or 5 ppg improvement from the D. Part of that can be credited to improvements in the O but the other part will be player development and depth chart decisions.

I am unsure why Jones did what he did last year. He had two VERY slow DT's. Both were more 3-4 DT's than 4-3 DT's. This year they'll be faster simply because they have chosen to go smaller. Same at DE. It is interesting to me how different their choices appear to be this season vs last season.

The choices WERE available last year to do the same. McCullers and Hood should have shared a position or else taken a seat. Walls, Williams, and/or Miller could have slid inside. For some reason, they chose not to go with a faster DL.

Like you apparently, I expect UT's back 7 to be pretty good.

Reactions: 4 people
Really looking forward to seeing if Salsbury can continue to progess. He has a lot of potential IMO.

I haven't heard anything about him but I'm sure we will in the next couple of weeks .

Proper thread title:
Any updates on Sauls?

Relax

Really looking forward to seeing if Salsbury can continue to progess. He has a lot of potential IMO.

I haven't heard anything about him but I'm sure we will in the next couple of weeks .

He's been rehabbing, hope coach Lawson has him in shape for practice. It will take fall camp to get to game ready. He had a nasty streak that was missing, hope he still does.

This thread needs this pic:

376047.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I believe if we stay healthy our D-Line will be a pleasant surprise. We have talented young lineman, in my opinion Hendrix,Sawyers,Barnett and Henderson will be the few to get meaningful snaps this year which as we all know is the most popular way to get lineman "up to speed" in the S.E.C. Either way the future has me more excited than ever. GO VOLS V4L

We def have more potential this year for a solid 8 man rotation. And who knows what freshman may step up.

VN Store

Back