2014 UT-UF analysis?

jtipto10

Hey all. First thread here so hopefully it goes over well.

So obviously we're gonna be a pretty different team this year, and Florida will probably also be improved since they're getting a lot of injured players back (although not improved enough for Muschamp to keep his job imo).

Does anyone with more football knowledge than me know how we match up with them this year? Like, player v player, unit v unit? I've been wondering about this lately, as that will be a big game in deciding bowl eligibility.

Thanks for any info y'all have! :good!:

Reactions: 9 people
If UF gets off to a rough start this season we could very well end the streak this year.

But I think it all hinges on them and how they're playing. UF has the talent to win alot of games but the question is, is their coach gonna get in the way of that. Kind of like ours did the last time we played them at home and should have beat them.

Hopefully we will have improved some from playing UGA and OK and that will get us ready to play UF.

Need Neyland to be rockin!

Reactions: 1 person
They will be strong defensively. I have no doubt about that. Driskell can be dangerous, particularly with his feet. If our OL can give Worley some time and get a respectable running threat going, we will win.

We could have superior everything and they'd still be in our heads. Until we decide we're ready to beat them, we won't.

Saying we're not going to beat Florida because we have a defeatist attitude is ironic to say the least. It also happens to be wrong. Unless Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer come running out of that tunnel at the start of the game, their win streak against us will have ZERO impact on the outcome of the game.

I think we'll beat them comfortably, given that we have home field advantage and an edge in coaching and offensive talent.

Reactions: 3 people
Florida will have a very good defense again. They have been beatable in the past and we have let their terrible QB's beat us in every way imaginable.

If we want to win we will need to score over 20 points and win the turnover battle by 2 or more IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Saying we're not going to beat Florida because we have a defeatist attitude is ironic to say the least. It also happens to be wrong. Unless Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer come running out of that tunnel at the start of the game, their win streak against us will have ZERO impact on the outcome of the game.

I think we'll beat them comfortably, given that we have home field advantage and an edge in coaching and offensive talent.

I want to believe you, I really do.

So here's to UT keeping the streak at 9.

Florida will probably have the biggest edge of all edges with its defensive line vs. Tennessee's offensive line.

Despite all the high minded stuff people throw out there, Florida wins this game every year because they win the battle up front.

Reactions: 5 people
More than likely, they will beat us once again.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Florida will probably have the biggest edge of all edges with its defensive line vs. Tennessee's offensive line.

Despite all the high minded stuff people throw out there, Florida wins this game every year because they win the battle up front.

My biggest concern as a UF fan would be the players quitting on the coach. If the season starts out rough it very well could happen.

My biggest concern as a UF fan would be the players quitting on the coach. If the season starts out rough it very well could happen.

While I know what occurred last season, Florida is a virtual lock to be 3-1 at the time the game is played.

They have two cupcakes, Kentucky and Alabama before playing Tennessee.

The season will not be in free fall at that point.

UF strengths play in to our weakness I'm afraid. Not really expecting a W but it should be close.

While I know what occurred last season, Florida is a virtual lock to be 3-1 at the time the game is played.

They have two cupcakes, Kentucky and Alabama before playing Tennessee.

The season will not be in free fall at that point.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend right? :angel:

Whilst this is true. Butch's offense is built to help negate this to some degree. With the speed we now have at the skill positions, the screen game can help keep the D honest. It also helps that this is year two in his system which helps with fluidity and execution. Tenn gets help in the fact that this game isn't in September. ...you give that O-line some time to gel and this could get real interesting.

Reactions: 4 people
IMO we just need to get this game within 10 points heading into the fourth quarter. Let Butch out-coach Muschamp and put our young bunch in a chance to win.

I'm torn between my homer feelings and wanting top temper my expectations. I think this game is decided by less than 7 points. I'll say that we're on the winning side because I'm hoping the beat down from Saban gets the Gators of late last year to show up early.

VN Store

Back