Top 10 Offseason

5. Tennessee: Tennessee coaches are confident that a handful of the fourteen mid-year enrollees are capable of not only playing, but playing well right away in 2014. The Vols will be one of the youngest teams in the country, so it was critical to get the spring experience under the belt for fourteen freshmen. I thought the Vols might be in play for a transfer quarterback during the off-season, but quarterback Justin Worley turned some heads at the Manning Passing Academy last week. At the least, Worley looked much stronger, more confident, and throw the ball with better velocity than a year ago. Tennessee may be another year away, but it’s great to see that Vols fans are totally behind Butch Jones and his staff.

For those too lazy or on mobile.

Reactions: 6 people
I have orange colored glasses....but I believe Vols are/will be more conditioned than the majority of teams in the conference. No hands on hips late in games. In addition, I believe that our inexperienced freshman will be on the same page and will play lights out, as good as they can.

Reactions: 2 people
Chugga chugga chugga the train is getting going. Butch is the conductor and he's taking us on a great ride.

Reactions: 1 person
I said it last year (and I'll be damned if he didn't get injured) and I'll say it again, Worley will surprise this year. He'll be the Palardy of '13...or at least I hope :givemebeer:

In any other situation it would never be a good thing to be on the same list as UL-Lafayette. This guy knows what is coming to the rest of the college football world with Tennessee though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee may be another year away, but it’s great to see that Vols fans are totally behind Butch Jones and his staff.

The writer obviously doesn't read VN.

IF they can get non-disastrous QB play, and IF the D-line can hold up, I think they can be a surprise team this year. I've been saying that for 4 years, but man they have more talent (even though much of it is young) than the last couple of years. Auburn went from 0-8 and Mizzou from 2-6 to the SECCG.

In any other situation it would never be a good thing to be on the same list as UL-Lafayette. This guy knows what is coming to the rest of the college football world with Tennessee though.

The Ragin' Cajuns aren't half bad. Three straight bowl wins and a solid coaching staff in football and -- in 2014 --a trip to the NCAA tourney in basketball, the women's college world series for softball and the super regionals for baseball.

As a Tennessee native who lived three years in Lafayette, I have a soft spot for the Cajuns (certainly liked the fans more than the Clemson and USC-E fans around my new home in Pawleys Island, SC). Those folks down in Cajun Country know how to tailgate!

Folks, years from now, we will look back at what CBJ done in getting so many players to early enroll and realize how much it helped us back to the top and how absolutely brilliant that strategy is. Wouldn't surprise me to see most coaches try and give a big push for as many players as possible to early enroll. Who wouldn't their freshman to be able to start with their team in January rather than one month before the season starts?

We Tennessee are coming like a slow train up a big hill, going real slow but when we reach the top and start down hill, there want be no stopping the BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN.:clapping:

Terry, my vol brother, you are doing a great job with punctuation. Makes your posts so much easier to read. AND....you get me fired up for FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!

GBO

VN Store

Back