Current Recruiting Rankings Analysis

WilliamDuVOL

Here's a list of where each SEC team currently stands in recruiting rankings according to 247, and my thoughts on it:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
5. South Carolina
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn
9. Mississippi State
10. Georgia
13. LSU
18. Kentucky
27. Florida
30. Arkansas
39. Ole Miss
42. Missouri
55. Vanderbilt

It really illustrates the level of competition we play against and how intense the SEC is. 7 of the current top 10 are in the SEC. This makes me laugh when people try to say that conferences like the PAC 12 are tougher or are going to surpass the SEC in terms of talent and ability.

Also obligatory LOL at Vandy.

Reactions: 11 people
I don't know if a study has been done yet, but I think there should be one where they look at the recruiting classes of the 4 years prior to a team winning the National Championship, so we can see how much recruiting matters. It might help those snobs (Vandy fans) in the center of the state understand, as well.

Anyone who laughs at the strength and consistency of the SEC is simply jealous.

Here's a list of where each SEC team currently stands in recruiting rankings according to 247, and my thoughts on it:

1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
5. South Carolina
6. Tennessee
7. Auburn
9. Mississippi State
10. Georgia
13. LSU
18. Kentucky
27. Florida
30. Arkansas
39. Ole Miss
42. Missouri
55. Vanderbilt

It really illustrates the level of competition we play against and how intense the SEC is. 7 of the current top 10 are in the SEC. This makes me laugh when people try to say that conferences like the PAC 12 are tougher or are going to surpass the SEC in terms of talent and ability.

Also obligatory LOL at Vandy.

Except for Vanderbilt!

:eek:lol:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
I am somewhat surprised by the HUGE jump in Texas A&M's recruiting since they joined the SEC. That has definitely been a good move for them.

I am somewhat surprised by the HUGE jump in Texas A&M's recruiting since they joined the SEC. That has definitely been a good move for them.

I agree. It appears to gave been a great move for them. I also wonder, however, if things change a bit if Charlie Strong gets things turned around at UT, Jr. Recent recruiting years at Texas have been down

Their recruits are getting the benefit of being offered by the Aggies. A & m offers get more respect now which means extras stars in the analysis. Same with Carolina. It's not that hard to understand. They and Carolina have always gotten good players, they just weren't rated high.

I don't know if a study has been done yet, but I think there should be one where they look at the recruiting classes of the 4 years prior to a team winning the National Championship, so we can see how much recruiting matters. It might help those snobs (Vandy fans) in the center of the state understand, as well.

Last year I heard that in the BCS era every National Champion has had at least one top 5 recruiting class in the prior 4 years.

Before I say this, I hate bama but as long as that little turd face little nicky boy is there, it is going to be hard to compete against them, they have already got the 15 recruiting class ranked number 1 and are well on there way for another one in 16, just don't seem right, if we have one class rated 15 to 20 we fall way behind in the talent level, the SOB has got to be cheating, who would want to play for a little turd face like little nicky, or boosters throwing CASH around, I hate bummer and that turd face little nicky. Bummers suks:rtfm:

Reactions: 6 people
Before I say this, I hate bama but as long as that little turd face little nicky boy is there, it is going to be hard to compete against them, they have already got the 15 recruiting class ranked number 1 and are well on there way for another one in 16, just don't seem right, if we have one class rated 15 to 20 we fall way behind in the talent level, the SOB has got to be cheating, who would want to play for a little turd face like little nicky, or boosters throwing CASH around, I hate bummer and that turd face little nicky. Bummers suks:rtfm:

dont hold anything back Terry, tell us how you really feel :)

Reactions: 6 people

Bologna! Auburn and Oklahoma say hello! Bama will lose at least twice this season. His recruits are way over rated.

UGA received verbals from two 5 star recruits this weekend. Look for them to jump a few spots.

UGA received verbals from two 5 star recruits this weekend. Look for them to jump a few spots.

Hell they may jump over us. We all say these stars don't matter but these rankings are how the score is kept in the recruiting game. It is all perception. If we finish with top-5 classes, we will be fine. But we need some more heavies to take us there.

I agree. It appears to gave been a great move for them. I also wonder, however, if things change a bit if Charlie Strong gets things turned around at UT, Jr. Recent recruiting years at Texas have been down

2010, 2011, & 2012 all classes were in the top 3 :unsure:

Honestly, I bet Mizzou at #42 is probably a bump in their recruiting as well. Without doing any research I can't imagine they were ever a top-50 recruiting school.

The fact that Kentucky is currently ranked top 25 is amazing. I think Stoops is going to surprise people.

Honestly, I bet Mizzou at #42 is probably a bump in their recruiting as well. Without doing any research I can't imagine they were ever a top-50 recruiting school.

Yet they were in the SECCG. Stars aren't everything. It takes coaching, luck, schedule, chemistry, etc. You can have a team full of 5 * players, but if you don't have any of the aforementioned. You are ripe for disappointment.

VN Store

Back