2016 CB Bailey Phillips commits

tennesseeduke

Class of 2016 cornerback Bailey Phillips committed to Tennessee on Saturday, giving the Vols one of their four pledges on a wild "Orange Carpet Day" in Knoxville.

Phillips committed to Tennessee Saturday.

The 5-foot-8, 166-pound Phillips — a rising junior at West Mesquite (Texas) High School — committed to second-year Vols coach Butch Jones on Saturday at the conclusion of a two-day visit as part of a big recruiting weekend for the Vols.

"I'm just super excited to be a part of the program at Tennessee," Phillips told 247Sports. "I love the coaching staff and how the players make you feel like family. This visit definitely helped me solidify my choice. I love (defensive backs) coach (Willie) Martinez and (head) coach (Butch) Jones, and I'm excited to play for them."

The Vols offered Phillips in April and put themselves in a great position from that point. Phillips added offers from Clemson, Wake Forest, SMU and others in the past month, but none of those programs surpassed Tennessee.

Assuming Phillips ultimately enrolls at Tennessee, he'll join one of his cousins — Tennessee true freshman defensive lineman Dimarya Mixon — on the Vols' roster.

Phillips collected 36 tackles, one interception, two forced fumbles, one fumble recoveries and eight pass breakups last season as a sophomore at West Mesquite.

Tennessee now has four commitments in the Class of 2016, and two of them — Phillips and four-star offensive tackle prospect Ryan Johnson from Nashville-area Brentwood Academy — committed to the Vols on Saturday.

Reactions: 4 people
Boomage! The cannon are busting at the seems and Boomsday aint got nothing on CBJ and staff!

GO VOLS!

Boomage! The cannon are busting at the seems and Boomsday aint got nothing on CBJ and staff!

GO VOLS!

CBJ have gotten to the point already where a kid walks on campus and spends a day or so with them, they are locked up. This is Fulmeresck. It was said that when Fulmer showed up no other school had a shot. CBJ is on that track now! Quote from the movie blindside says it all when all the coaches are visiting Michael. One coach says $hit here comes Fulmer we have no shot now.

Keep reeling them in CBJ!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

CBJ have gotten to the point already where a kid walks on campus and spends a day or so with them, they are locked up. This is Fulmeresck. It was said that when Fulmer showed up no other school had a shot. CBJ is on that track now! Quote from the movie blindside says it all when all the coaches are visiting Michael. One coach says $hit here comes Fulmer we have no shot now.

Keep reeling them in CBJ!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke
Southern Miss coach: "Shoot, man, Fulmer's here. I mise well go home."

VN Store

Back