Coach john t majors always said

BeattieFeathers

You don't have to be the best team except for that given Saturday. He also said that turnovers were the great equalizer in football.
With all the hoopla surrounding saban's recruiting, I am reminded of Coach Majors and also know that on paper, Bama was better than the two teams that beat them last season.
Who knows? In 1985, nobody could have predicted the year that Chris white,Jeff Powell, and Darrell dickey would have.
We are due to have the ball bounce our way a few times! I'm beginning to believe again!!!!!! Go Vols!:good!:

Reactions: 6 people
I've noticed for half a decade that we just have terrible luck consistently. Whatever can go wrong will. Hopefully that will change.

Reactions: 1 person
I've noticed for half a decade that we just have terrible luck consistently. Whatever can go wrong will. Hopefully that will change.

Although I agree with your observation, I would like to provide a reasonable hypothesis as to why. Given there are "lucky" individuals, the rest of us must make our own luck. If you look back at the last 6 yrs, Tennessee did not do the things that "produced" luck. No bone jarring tackles, no pass rush to speak of, more missed tackles than i care to remember, no second effort coupled with the amazing ability to give up by the end of the 2nd quarter. The list is endless. You cannot be "lucky" with these attributes hanging around your neck. Last year there were indications that these "luck breakers" were being overcome. Only time will tell, but i believe that you will see Tennessee become "lucky" again through hard work and a burning desire to right the sunken ship.

Although I agree with your observation, I would like to provide a reasonable hypothesis as to why. Given there are "lucky" individuals, the rest of us must make our own luck. If you look back at the last 6 yrs, Tennessee did not do the things that "produced" luck. No bone jarring tackles, no pass rush to speak of, more missed tackles than i care to remember, no second effort coupled with the amazing ability to give up by the end of the 2nd quarter. The list is endless. You cannot be "lucky" with these attributes hanging around your neck. Last year there were indications that these "luck breakers" were being overcome. Only time will tell, but i believe that you will see Tennessee become "lucky" again through hard work and a burning desire to right the sunken ship.

Call it bad luck are an unfortunate circumstance, pig Howard's fumble against Uga only happens to bad teams.

I saw more desire and fire last year. Pig stretched out to try to win the game and didn't pull it off. If he had scored and we ended up winning the game, FeattieBeathers would have been all in on CBJ.

Reactions: 2 people
friends keith always said >>> we could've won that game >>> under Johnny Fulmer.

It is time for The U of T to get a coach that can out coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tired of being stuck with the best fan base in the country and a great recruiting coach.

I want the days of Neyland back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

friends keith always said >>> we could've won that game >>> under Johnny Fulmer.

It is time for The U of T to get a coach that can out coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tired of being stuck with the best fan base in the country and a great recruiting coach.

Huh? Give the dude a chance. Our talent base is horrible in the upper classes, no fault of his. But I would much rather have a recruiting head coach than x and o guy. You win the horses. As much as everybody goes gaga over saban, he wins with the best talent.

Reactions: 5 people
Huh? Give the dude a chance. Our talent base is horrible in the upper classes, no fault of his. But I would much rather have a recruiting head coach than x and o guy. You win the horses. As much as everybody goes gaga over saban, he wins with the best talent.

i don't want a cheating bear either...I want Neyland back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That literally makes no sense. I can think of a lot of screwy things that happened to good teams.

Honestly, I was reminded of a few years where kentucky and vandy snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against various teams. Bad teams find ways and invent new ways to lose. Like we did under Dooley.

Huh???? Did your account get hijacked by 0StarGeneral?

Reactions: 4 people
You don't have to be the best team except for that given Saturday. He also said that turnovers were the great equalizer in football.
With all the hoopla surrounding saban's recruiting, I am reminded of Coach Majors and also know that on paper, Bama was better than the two teams that beat them last season.
Who knows? In 1985, nobody could have predicted the year that Chris white,Jeff Powell, and Darrell dickey would have.
We are due to have the ball bounce our way a few times! I'm beginning to believe again!!!!!! Go Vols!:good!:

I think Fulmer used most of those lucky bounces up his last 4/5 years!

"LUCK" a bxllshxt term, only used by losers. Ever notice that winners never use the term? They were just better than the other team.....?

The good things AND bad things will happen to every one and every team in equal proportions over time. Preparing to take advantage of the "breaks" when they do come your way is what makes you successful in the long run.

"LUCK" a bxllshxt term, only used by losers. Ever notice that winners never use the term? They were just better than the other team.....?

The good things AND bad things will happen to every one and every team in equal proportions over time. Preparing to take advantage of the "breaks" when they do come your way is what makes you successful in the long run.

Tell that to Larry Munson who always referred to old Lady Luck shining down on the dogs. Florida got lucky in 2000 against the vols in Knoxville.

We just have to be patient. We are very young on both sides of the ball. But the future does look very bright,especially if Butch keeps recruiting like he is.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back