Battle @ Bristol vs. Cowboys Classic

VOLywood

I just saw on ESPN that Alabama has agreed to play its 2016 season opener vs. USC at AT&T Stadium (home of the Dallas Cowboys).

Is he trying to compete with Battle @ Bristol?

It seems that the Battle @ Bristol and other big games UT has been scheduling are helping in our recruiting, which makes me think Bama was motivated by this to try to schedule their own big name games.

Thoughts?

Alabama Crimson Tide, USC Trojans to play in 2016 Cowboys Classic at AT&T Stadium - ESPN

Both are really cool but its annoying the BAMA is playing in this in back to back years. This is awesome for recruiting and its not like they struggle in that area...I'm.ready for the tide to take a few steps back...

Reactions: 4 people
I just saw on ESPN that Alabama has agreed to play its 2016 season opener vs. USC at AT&T Stadium (home of the Dallas Cowboys).

It seems that the Battle @ Bristol and other big games UT has been scheduling are helping in our recruiting, which makes me think Bama was motivated by this to try to schedule their own big name games.

Thoughts?

Alabama Crimson Tide, USC Trojans to play in 2016 Cowboys Classic at AT&T Stadium - ESPN

How is this trying to compete with Battle @ Bristol? They aren't even on the same date. Also, Bama typically plays in one of these games every year whether in Atlanta or Dallas.

So, what's your point again?

Reactions: 3 people

Thoughts?

Alabama has tried to open with a big name opponent in one of these "classics" every year under Saban so it's nothing new for them...Upstaging the novelty of Bristol such as attracting the Game Day crew probably is one the objectives (everything revolves around recruiting after all) but they would be playing it anyway.

Thoughts?

They're a week apart.

How is this trying to compete with Battle @ Bristol? They aren't even on the same date. Also, Bama typically plays in one of these games every year whether in Atlanta or Dallas.

Come on man, nothing in Atlanta is going to be as high profile as a game at the Dallas Cowboys stadium. I have to think Bama sought out a higher profile game because of all the positive publicity that Battle @ Bristol is getting.

The same old annoying clannish Tennessee fan, world out to screw us, perceived slight, yaw yaw Lame Kitten Chris Fowler nonsense as usual.

Come on man, nothing in Atlanta is going to be as high profile as a game at the Dallas Cowboys stadium. I have to think Bama sought out a higher profile game because of all the positive publicity that Battle @ Bristol is getting.

That will be the 3rd time Bama has played in the Cowboys Classic, and the 2nd year in a row. You are seriously reaching.

Reactions: 1 person
That will be the 3rd time Bama has played in the Cowboys Classic, and the 2nd year in a row. You are seriously reaching.

These games are recruiting tools, and in the world of recruiting, the perception of having a "bigger deal" game is definitely an edge.

I didn't know the Cowboys Classic was already on the books for the year prior to this one, so maybe Battle @ Bristol was CBJ's response to Bama having these high profile games.

You make an ill-informed statement as if a college football game that sets the all-time attendance record won't be a national story.

It will be a story for that reason.

But, I don't think anyone outside of the South is going to care.

And even inside the South, I don't know what else is going on that day.

But, must see TV, it ain't.

105,000 showed up to watch the Detroit Red Wings play the Toronto Maple Leafs on 1/1/14.

It was as if time stopped in the United States

Are you comparing nationwide hockey viewership to college football? Nice try. Neyland holds 105K, big whoop. Will not even be close to the attendance at Bristol. Next.

VN Store

Back