New Dobbs article

hitler-takes-off-glasses-o.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like a puff piece for the "hometown kid." Doubt the author has any great insight into the QB competition.

Though, I would love to see both Worley and Dobbs improve significantly. Maybe that can help offset the fact that our O-line is probably not going to be very good.

Anything positive for the young man is great! Good luck to Dobbs on the upcoming season and gbo!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Glad we have 2-3 good/possibly much better QB's.... We will see much better QB play this year regardless of the OL or who is under center.

To be clear it says:
"Now, after what he said has been a productive offseason, Dobbs is looking forward to the 2014 season as TennesseeÂ’s starting signal-caller."

Whether this is wishful thinking or there is some validity behind it I guess nobody knows.

I've been saying this in the off season for months that we might have two QB's playing this year. It would be no surprise to me if that is what is happening.

Worley starts, Dobbs comes in and backs him up in mop up situations. Next year Dobbs starts for two years and the cycle repeats.

I think it's quite an accomplishment that the writer managed to avoid mentioning how Dobbs came to be the starter last season.

i couldnt tell from the quotes, does anybody else think Dobbs did well this summer?

With Worley you know what you are getting a mediocre starter who will throw for 16 TDS and 9 INTS. Beat someone we are not suppose to beat and loose to someone we are not suppose to loose to. Probably get 6-6 record guaranteed.

Dobbs has better dual threat and is a better overall athlete and will throw for more TDS 20 but more INTS 13. He could beat Georgia and Florida maybe USC, but could also loose by more than 30 to all of them to. He could get us a 8-4 record but also could give us a 5-7 record too..... Hmmmmmmmm

With Worley you know what you are getting a mediocre starter who will throw for 16 TDS and 9 INTS. Beat someone we are not suppose to beat and loose to someone we are not suppose to loose to. Probably get 6-6 record guaranteed.

Dobbs has better dual threat and is a better overall athlete and will throw for more TDS 20 but more INTS 13. He could beat Georgia and Florida maybe USC, but could also loose by more than 30 to all of them to. He could get us a 8-4 record but also could give us a 5-7 record too..... Hmmmmmmmm

No offense but it's lose, not loose. Must teach history or math, eh?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
For the record, new offensive line doesn't necessarily mean terrible offensive line. Could be a blessing in disguise.

As hyped as last years offensive line was, i don't think it was that great. It wasn't so dominate that if we had to have two yards they were absolutely going to get it. If memory serves me correct and beer could be involved, a one or two yard rush against Vandy that we didn't get, could have pretty much put that game away. I really think this O-line has a lot of motivation to be better than last years ballyhooed line. Also having the same coach two years in a row, is a huge plus.:yes:

VN Store

Back