Answer These Three Questions

PeytonBerry

1. What is your bold prediction for the 2014 Vols?
2. What will be the biggest upset this year?
3. Biggest offensive and defensive impact freshmen?

PeytonBerry's Answers:

1. While the offensive line will give up more sacks, it will be more productive in the run game (more rushing yards than last year).

2. I believe we will go to Norman and upset the Sooners. Even if we are 2-0, our wins would be against small teams, and we would easily be overlooked by OU. We have nothing to lose in this game, and despite their stellar game against Alabama, they are an up-and-down team with QB issues and the loss of 8 starters.

3. Malone OFF. His speed will produce a lot of big plays and open the field up for our other play makers.
Bates DEF. I see him almost as a Nick Reveiz. A cerebral player that puts himself in good positions to make big plays (though a better athlete).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
1. Winning record in the sec.
2. bulldogs
3. Hurd
Defense is a tuff call....I'll go with Berry cause of the odds. :)

Reactions: 2 people

McDad's Answers:

1. Vols beat Oklahoma. UT lowers the "boom"er sooner than expected.

2. My daughter when she does not get a car on her 16th birthday next week.

3. Hurd and Moseley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30 people
McDad's Answers:

1. Vols beat Oklahoma. UT lowers the "boom" sooner than expected.

3. Hurd and Moseley.

LOL...Daughters belong in trucks anyways. Big, steel, monster looking trucks.

With a gun rack.

Reactions: 5 people

PeytonBerry's Answers:

1. While the offensive line will give up more sacks, it will be more productive in the run game (more rushing yards than last year).

2. I believe we will go to Norman and upset the Sooners. Even if we are 2-0, our wins would be against small teams, and we would easily be overlooked by OU. We have nothing to lose in this game, and despite their stellar game against Alabama, they are an up-and-down team with QB issues and the loss of 8 starters.

3. Malone OFF. His speed will produce a lot of big plays and open the field up for our other play makers.
Bates DEF. I see him almost as a Nick Reveiz. A cerebral player that puts himself in good positions to make big plays (though a better athlete).

1. I think we will actually see improvement on the offensive line, we have def upgraded at the center position IMO.

2. Ole miss will be the upset this year.

3. I know he's not a freshman but VP
Defense Hendrix

Reactions: 1 person
1. We will be 5-7 yet again.
2. Utah State upsets us.
3. Malone has a real good year.

Last edited:

1. Carrying over from how he was playing at the time he was injured, and with a much improved receiving group, Worley proves to be a much more confident and effective QB and holds down the starter spot all season.
2. Gators
3. Malone on O; Bates on D

McDad's Answers:

1. Vols beat Oklahoma. UT lowers the "boom"er sooner than expected.

3. Hurd and Moseley.

As a 60 year old with a daughter who is 30 and son who is 28, get her something old and slow (4 cylinders or less). :)

1. Team #118 changes its rankings by 1/3 (Passing yards 112th) (44th Rushing) (96th points for) (79th points against)

2. We beat Georgia this year

3. Offense Malone > Defense Jakob Johnson

But off topic, CBJ better get busy recruiting because ESPN shows UT having 96 seniors...

Last edited:
I failed to do my off-season homework and didn't pay attention in class, so I'll choose answer C for all three questions.

1. Team #118 changes its rankings by 1/3 (Passing yards 112th) (44th Rushing) (96th points for) (79th points against)

2. We beat Georgia this year

3. Offense Malone > Defense Jakob Johnson

But off topic, CBJ better get busy recruiting because ESPN shows UT having 96 seniors...

I like your bold prediction. I think that may be more indicative of improvement.

OP made a Bates/Reveiz comparison. I hope Bates is a better athlete if he's going to be a 4 year starter.

I think our biggest/only upset will be Oklahoma, considering we'll be favored in every game after that once we beat them 55-3. :rock:

Reactions: 5 people
1. 6-6
2. Mizzou (they're rated above TN therefore an upset)
3. Malone on offense
Mosley on defense (cb)

VN Store

Back