Size comparison UT/ALA

Volinmem

SIAP. I haven't seen it. Off season boredom is killing me, so I decided to compare the average size of OL/DL between UT/ALA. Stats were taken from the official websites of both schools. Note: Charles Mosely and Jashon Robertson were both listed as OL/DL, so I included them on both averages. Numbers have been rounded up/down where needed.

UT OL - 6'4 310 (15 players listed)
ALA OL - 6'5 314 (12 players listed)

UT DL - 6'3 274 (17 players listed)
ALA DL - 6'3 293 (10 players listed)

Just thought it would be interesting to see the comparison. This is not attempting to compare talent, just something to help kill my boredom. One thing that stands out to me, is the ALA DL average weight is 19 lbs heavier than UT's. It would be nice to compare the other positions also, if I get time, I will do it, or if anyone would like to help, please do so. Also, it would be interesting to include the averages of all other SEC teams.

Reactions: 10 people
SIAP. I haven't seen it. Off season boredom is killing me, so I decided to compare the average size of OL/DL between UT/ALA. Stats were taken from the official websites of both schools. Note: Charles Mosely and Jashon Robertson were both listed as OL/DL, so I included them on both averages. Numbers have been rounded up/down where needed.

Just thought it would be interesting to see the comparison. This is not attempting to compare talent, just something to help kill my boredom. One thing that stands out to me, is the ALA DL average weight is 19 lbs heavier than UT's. It would be nice to compare the other positions also, if I get time, I will do it, or if anyone would like to help, please do so. Also, it would be interesting to include the averages of all other SEC teams.

Appreciate the info mem.

Reactions: 2 people
It has to do with scheme.

They have bigger DL than we do because they run a 3-4 defense.

We have about the same size oline because we both run a zone based blocking scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people

Because they run a 3-4. We are smaller because our DEs dont weigh 300 lbs

Reactions: 1 person
The bigger they are the harder they fall!

f1dccf94f75349805c9e94d580b179a2.1000x702x1.jpg

Reactions: 22 people
The SEC separates itself from other imposters based on the size of the dog and it's bite. If you are bigger and better, you win.

Oklahoma over Bama? Utah over Bama?
I would list a regular season game if Bama ever played anyone worth a chit...

Reactions: 3 people

Come on, Sabans first season. And a Louisiana team not named LSU.

Last edited:
The SEC separates itself from other imposters based on the size of the dog and it's bite. If you are bigger and better, you win.
Not necessarily ... put a bunch of big uglies on the field on the final kickoff and play of the game and you could lose an SEC West, SEC championship, Iron Bowl, and a national championship shot all on one play ...sorry did I make you throw up in your mouth a little bit?

Reactions: 5 people

Y'all going to finally get around to doing something about that? When it comes to SOS, Bama could sue the vols for non-support.

Y'all going to finally get around to doing something about that? When it comes to SOS, Bama could sue the vols for non-support.

be careful what you ask for,you may get more than you want for the next several years... and Bama's SOS is due to playing the Coastal Carolina's of the world,or cherry picking a Jerry's World game... OOC schedule is what I was referring to...

what's the record the last 20 years? and we've spotted you the last 7 during the worst era of UT football...ever

oh BTW,its 10-10...

Do you realize over the past 20 years, the series stands at 10-10? Don't worry, we'll be back to old form soon.

be careful what you ask for,you may get more than you want for the next several years... and Bama's SOS is due to playing the Coastal Carolina's of the world,or cherry picking a Jerry's World game... OOC schedule is what I was referring to...

what's the record the last 20 years? and we've spotted you the last 7 during the worst era of UT football...ever

oh BTW,its 10-10...

Beat me to it.

I'm reaching for an answer, but I don't see what that has to do with Utah kicking Bama's ass.

VN Store

Back