Did you know?

Tumbleweedvol

I'm sitting here listening to all of the SEC Media Days not getting anything out of it other than the media predictions from ESPN! I harken back to my younger days of the 60's and 70's, when we were given the concept of the poor child trying to succeed selling newspapers on the street corners of New York with the big headlines of the day. That is what ESPN is! Selling headlines. Now think Volnation, we had Peyton Manning for four years and came close to the Crystal Ball. Then out of the blue, we won it all after he graduated with Tee Martin. He was the ultimate unknown quantity of his time. Who is it this year? :peace2:

I kind of get where you are headed. When times are good everyone expects them to continue forever, same for bad times. But, the reality is that current trends can and do continue, but they can also reverse quickly. Talk to a Bama fan now - they expect to be on top forever, just like USC when they were on a roll, same for Florida. But it won't happen. I don't know how or why, but they will not stay on top. That's just the way it works. And, we won't stay down much longer either. That said, I don't know who (if anyone in particular) will be the catalyst. But we'll know by the end of the year.

Reactions: 1 person
That's right! But the reality is that I have sat here for years going thru the motion in the world of the vols before this world of the computers have taken over our world while languishing in tough times for the vols. At the end of the day the true champion does evolve out of teamwork which is Tennessee! GBO! :lolabove:

Didn't know you spoke gibberish. May I say hello and: Cold is with the monkey's ears and toes. Cats dogs and babies its Tuesday.

I kind of get where you are headed. When times are good everyone expects them to continue forever, same for bad times. But, the reality is that current trends can and do continue, but they can also reverse quickly. Talk to a Bama fan now - they expect to be on top forever, just like USC when they were on a roll, same for Florida. But it won't happen. I don't know how or why, but they will not stay on top. That's just the way it works. And, we won't stay down much longer either. That said, I don't know who (if anyone in particular) will be the catalyst. But we'll know by the end of the year.

the bamers will nosedive when caught cheating again or saban becomes a victim of an alien abduction, or he may retire. Guess nick forgot the fact that his new oc left us on probation. So the potential is there. :hi:

I will agree with the concept of sticking to them. They should! But, the reality is that most of the football players that are freshman haven't met a junior or senior. End of story! That is where you get down to line play where we are supposedly weak. I don't think we are. Based on last years play we are. I'll agree. But, at the end of the day who knew Tee Martin would win a national championship. Maybe the underclassman have evolved and we will have a good or average lines on both sides of the ball this year! I think that is what it takes. We always have! GBO! :good!:

Sooo, let me get this straight:
The 60s and 70s were highlighted by sick children selling newspapers, then Peyton came along about 30 years later, then boom we won a championship with Tee?

Got it! Thanks!

I hope it's someone on the defensive line - I have decent confidence in most of the position groups

NeonWarehouse_Neon_5OClockSomewhere.jpg

Best reply of the day. I know like you, that you have been down the road of the vols. But, at the end of the day nobody knows who is the championship contender is. Hell, Alabubba may end up at 4 and 7 and who would thunk it. Tennesse has a rich tradition of producing top quality athletes and do compete with top notch players during the down years. So I personally expect a big upswing this year. GBO :salute:

Best reply of the day. I know like you, that you have been down the road of the vols. But, at the end of the day nobody knows who is the championship contender is. Hell, Alabubba may end up at 4 and 7 and who would thunk it. Tennesse has a rich tradition of producing top quality athletes and do compete with top notch players during the down years. So I personally expect a big upswing this year. GBO :salute:

I think I see where you're going now. Basically, there's no way to tell who could explode on the scene and lead us to the promised land. We had Peyton, but nobody would have predicted we'd get the NC with Tee, not Peyton.

I'm sitting here listening to all of the SEC Media Days not getting anything out of it other than the media predictions from ESPN! I harken back to my younger days of the 60's and 70's, when we were given the concept of the poor child trying to succeed selling newspapers on the street corners of New York with the big headlines of the day. That is what ESPN is! Selling headlines. Now think Volnation, we had Peyton Manning for four years and came close to the Crystal Ball. Then out of the blue, we won it all after he graduated with Tee Martin. He was the ultimate unknown quantity of his time. Who is it this year? :peace2:

I always thought 98 was a team effort. They really came together after the superstar left. JMO

I've always faulted the media days coverage for not properly reporting Travis Henry's awesome ability to go up the middle.

VN Store

Back