10 Predictions for the 2014 season.

I honestly don't agree. I'm afraid FL is a lot closer to the 2012 version than the 2013 one. They had an INSANE amount of injuries and went into the tank, but they have the talent to be a major handful. Add to that a team that is pissed off and playing for their coach and they could be legit.
I agree a lot more with number 4. Oklahoma is getting serious mileage off of last years AL game. I hope we are the team to expose them!

Reactions: 2 people
Im not sure how the article can discuss how Stoops ingnited the fan base and made progress, but a paragraph earlier said nothing about Butch doing the same including the win vs. a top 10 team

Reactions: 3 people
I honestly don't agree. I'm afraid FL is a lot closer to the 2012 version than the 2013 one. They had an INSANE amount of injuries and went into the tank, but they have the talent to be a major handful. Add to that a team that is pissed off and playing for their coach and they could be legit.
I agree a lot more with number 4. Oklahoma is getting serious mileage off of last years AL game. I hope we are the team to expose them!

How about we just beat Florida in Neyland that worry about exposing Oklahoma on the road.

Reactions: 1 person
Im not sure how the article can discuss how Stoops ingnited the fan base and made progress, but a paragraph earlier said nothing about Butch doing the same including the win vs. a top 10 team

Butch didnt really improve on the field (except for that one win against USC). Butch is firing up the fan base entirely with recruiting. He needs to do it on the field now.

Reactions: 2 people
"Butch Jones didn't impress in his first year."

I feel like that is a lie. We didn't make a bowl game but we played a lot of close games against good teams.

lol that 2nd one is awful. Kentucky didnt go 4-8, all he had to do was google it and see it was 2-10. Nothing fearless about what he wrote, just laziness.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch didnt really improve on the field (except for that one win against USC). Butch is firing up the fan base entirely with recruiting. He needs to do it on the field now.

The overall talent in 2012 vs 2013 was ridiculous and Butch lead possibly the least talented team we have had in a LONG time to the same 5-7 season. Don't agree with you at all...sorry.

"Butch Jones didn't impress in his first year."

I feel like that is a lie. We didn't make a bowl game but we played a lot of close games against good teams.

No, not really. We played 2 close games vs 2 good teams, got boat raced by about 35 points per game vs the best teams we played (Oregon, Bama, Auburn, Missouri), got handled by 4 win Florida and lost to an average Vandy team. Personally, I was impressed with Butch all of 2 games last year so I would tend to agree.

Now, off the field he's been fantastic. I think, hope and pray he's the right guy to win on Saturdays but I honestly didn't see much last year outside of the 2 outstanding games vs Georgia and SCar.

Last edited:
Ten predictions for the 2014 season:

#10 - Bama will have a winning record
#9 - LSU will have a winning record
#8 - A&M will not be as good
#7 - There will be upset games
#6 - Some players will get injured
#5 - Vandy will suck (again)
#4 - UGA will have a winning record
#3 - The SEC will have a minimum of six teams make it to the Top 25
#2 - Les Miles will make funny comments to the media
#1 - Muschamp will be in the hot seat

#0 - (Bonus) Volnation will continue to be a roller coaster ride of emotions throughout this season with the following comments happening at least once:

"We should have thrown the bank at Gruden!"
"We should never have let Ferguson go!"
"Worley sucks!"
"Dobbs sucks!"
"Peterman sucks!"
"4-8 here we come!"
"I'm never watching a UT game again!"
"Fire Dave Hart!"
"Fire Jones!"

No, not really. We played 2 close games vs 2 good teams, got boat raced by about 35 points per game vs the best teams we played (Oregon, Bama, Auburn, Missouri), got handled by 4 win Florida and lost to an average Vandy team. Personally, I was impressed with Butch all of 2 games last year so I would tend to agree.

Agree with the on the field assessment, but still hopeful that despite all the things you stated he recruited the best UT class we have seen in a few years. As we have seen in the past the "star" correlation from the various recruiting firms "WILL" translate into more wins. Check the top five teams from the last couple of years, their avg star ratings are in the high three-four range.

Blue-chip ratio: Which college football teams have championship-grade recruiting? - SBNation.com

For the lazy. The top five teams will come at no surprise,
Alabama, OSU, USC, Nortre dame, LSU. All these teams have recruited very well and have near double digit wins. Synopsis: Recruit a top 5 classes, and the wins will come. I have yet to see CBJ get it totally done on the field (with the exception of USCjr last year). However the talent level that he inherited was not that great, and had like 30 days to put together a class. His first class was a top five class and his 2015 class is shaping up to be another top 5 class. If this trend continues the wins will be there by default. No team with several top 5 and top 10 classes has continual losing seasons. None of them have, not a one.

I agree with 1-4 & 7. 5,6,8 &9 are who cares (big 10). Disagree w/#10 that PAC 12 will be better than the SEC.

Hard to say how they will finish: I see at least 5 wins, maybe 6 with Mizzou.

Negatives:

No Easley or Purifoy
New offensive scheme to learn
Lots of turnover on offense with transfers
Muschamp
Driskell best tool (legs) coming off serious injury
Weak oline
Weak WRs I think
Schedule: SECw Bama & LSU, at FSU

Positives:

OC Roper
Solid RBs
Servicable QB
Hargreaves, Fowler and solid defense returns
Schedule: Idaho, Eastern KY, Eastern Mich, KY & Vandy

10 Realistic SEC Predictions

1. LSU wins 7 games.
2. Auburn repeats in the SEC/SEC West
3. Mississippi State ties Bama for 2nd in the West
4. South Carolina wins the East
5. Georgia ties Tennessee and Missouri for 2nd in the East at 4-4 in conference.
6. Gators finish 4th in the East. The interim coach leads them into the Compass Bowl.
7. Dak Prescott is the All-SEC QB.
8. Mike Davis is SEC POY.
9. Curt Maggitt collects 10 sacks.
10. Marquez North is All-SEC WR.

#0 - (Bonus) Volnation will continue to be a roller coaster ride of emotions throughout this season with the following comments happening at least once:

"We should have thrown the bank at Gruden!"
"We should never have let Ferguson go!"
"Worley sucks!"
"Dobbs sucks!"
"Peterman sucks!"
"4-8 here we come!"
"I'm never watching a UT game again!"
"Fire Dave Hart!"
"Fire Jones!"

Only once? I'd be willing to bet it would be more than that after the first week, win or lose.

VN Store

Back