Does Butch tip his hand on his QB choice?

Volstate

With Worley being a senior and NOT being asked to go to SEC media days to represent the Vols do you think it tips Butch's hand that he's not looking at Worley to lead this football team? Most teams with senior QB's bring them to media days. If he does wind up starting Worley I feel bad for Worley not being able to have the experience of media days.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is looking to the future. A senior QB who has not distanced himself from the pack is not the leader that needs to be at media days. Keep in mind I like Worley and think he will do a respectable job this year.

Reactions: 2 people
With Worley being a senior and NOT being asked to go to SEC media days to represent the Vols do you think it tips Butch's hand that he's not looking at Worley to lead this football team? Most teams with senior QB's bring them to media days. If he does wind up starting Worley I feel bad for Worley not being able to have the experience of media days.

No, it doesn't tip his hand. I still believe Worley starts the season, and I hope he keeps his job. There have been lots of great players that haven't been asked to attend media days, so it's not a big deal to me that he wasn't asked/invited or whatever. He's a good player, but not an impact player that the media wants to hear from. JMO.

And he started last year. I'm not an SEC media days historian...do teams only allow players to go once in their career? Peyton? Tebow?

Yeah they're not taking the same players every season. Makes more sense to spread the experience out

Butch be playing. QBs are a different breed and have to be treated accordingly. Competition is ongoing.
Also, Worley hasn't earned a trip to SEC media days, or anywhere else, for that matter.
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he doesn't want other teams to know who the starter is. That way they have to watch twice as much film.

Worley will be the starter and the FINISHER this season (barring injury). Book it.

Worley most likely starts the first game...but Dobbs has made strides...it's by no means a foregone conclusion...Butch knew Worley was the starter this time last year...this shows it's more neck to neck.

And he started last year. I'm not an SEC media days historian...do teams only allow players to go once in their career? Peyton? Tebow?

Not sure about the answer to how many times a player can be selected for Media Days. Id guess it's the coach's discretion as to how many times he could take the same player.

I assume he didn't take Worley this year because he's still pushing the QB position as a competition and taking Worley would pretty much put the kibosh on that IMO. However, unless Justin takes a step or 2 back and Dobbs takes 2-3 forward, I think Worley is the starter.

So that doubles the amount from 5 up to 10 minutes they have to watch to figure out our QB's.

I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't name the starter already. I think 90% of the fans and media know it's going to be Worley, and I'm sure Butch has probably even told the team that behind closed doors.

Surprised will be an understatement if I see Dobbs or Peterman take the field before Worley against Utah State. I'd literally bet everything I have that Worley starts.

This is for Utah State, CBJ is not going to give US a whole pre-season to pre-pare for Worley.

My 2:twocents: is Worley is going to be the starter, and Dobbs will get plays as a 2 headed monster...aka change of pace..

I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't name the starter already. I think 90% of the fans and media know it's going to be Worley, and I'm sure Butch has probably even told the team that behind closed doors.

Surprised will be an understatement if I see Dobbs or Peterman take the field before Worley against Utah State. I'd literally bet everything I have that Worley starts.

They also thought Ferguson was better than he was instead of listening to CBJ. If there was a clear starter he would have said it. Don't be surprised if Dobbs starts.

No, it is just the opposite! bUTch knows that if he takes Worley to the S.E.C. media day, then everyone will assume that Worley is the starter but that bUTch just hasn't announced it yet. So, to keep people guessing, he will not invite him to the S.E.C. media day.

It seems to me more like he's trying to motivate crowder more than anything else. Give him a sense of pride and responsibility, sorta like how he called out McCullers all the time.

VN Store

Back