A College football Saturday

Nationdom

You've had a long, grueling, uneventful week at work. You're in need of something extraordinary, something to wipe your mind free of all distractions, an eraser. The good news for you is that it's early October and that can only mean one thing... SEC football on CBS. 1:30 rolls around and the anxiety is at a all time high, but when the CBS football theme song comes on, nothing else matters. I get goose bumps hearing that song and seeing the old Manning and EB highlights. Verne then appears and says.." Knoxville Tennessee, more then 105,000 on hand today to watch the Volunteers battle the Florida gators.( it will be better once we start dominating again, but it's still awesome) It doesn't get any better then this. The song is magical and I look forward to these afternoons all year.

Reactions: 7 people
CBS football theme song?

Honestly I wouldn't care if they played the theme for Cailou right then...I'd still be fired up.

Reactions: 1 person
CBS football theme song?

Honestly I wouldn't care if they played the theme for Cailou right then...I'd still be fired up.

"That's me!"

I'm pretty sure at least a quarter of the youtube views for the TN/SC game are from me...

I'm ready for some Vols football!

Is that before or after he starts rubbing Gary's back?

I would rather stab ice picks in my ears than listen to Verne and Gary. Especially when Tebow was playing. I would almost rather have Pollack and Palmer. I would love to see Andre ware and Matt Millen as a team

I would rather stab ice picks in my ears than listen to Verne and Gary. Especially when Tebow was playing. I would almost rather have Pollack and Palmer. I would love to see Andre ware and Matt Millen as a team

I'd go ahead and listen...:unsure:...they're by no means my favorite, but your preference sounds awfully painful...and you could catch tetanus. :pinch:

Palmer is not that bad. I really like Blackledge, and Sean McDonough is very underrated imo.

I miss Ron Franklin & Mike Gottfried. Of course ESPN had to play the PC game & fire Franklin for some comment he made that was meaningless. Too bad they didn't fire Chris what's-his-name after his trailer park frenzy comment...

Reactions: 4 people
You've had a long, grueling, uneventful week at work. You're in need of something extraordinary, something to wipe your mind free of all distractions, an eraser. The good news for you is that it's early October and that can only mean one thing... SEC football on CBS. 1:30 rolls around and the anxiety is at a all time high, but when the CBS football theme song comes on, nothing else matters. I get goose bumps hearing that song and seeing the old Manning and EB highlights. Verne then appears and says.." Knoxville Tennessee, more then 105,000 on hand today to watch the Volunteers battle the Florida gators.( it will be better once we start dominating again, but it's still awesome) It doesn't get any better then this. The song is magical and I look forward to these afternoons all year.
I'm like a kid on Christmas when this happens. Unfortunately, the past few years that ends up turning into extreme hate for the cast when they're kissing the other teams a$$ after they curb stomp us.

I miss Ron Franklin & Mike Gottfried. Of course ESPN had to play the PC game & fire Franklin for some comment he made that was meaningless. Too bad they didn't fire Chris what's-his-name after his trailer park frenzy comment...

Those guys were good. I miss hearing Keith Jackson Wish Brent Mussberger would retire.

I'm like a kid on Christmas when this happens. Unfortunately, the past few years that ends up turning into extreme hate for the cast when they're kissing the other teams a$$ after they curb stomp us.

I hear ya. Butch will fix that, and if he doesn't he will be fired and someone else will.

Good stuff. I look forward to this too.. Always one of my favorite games of the year.

"Listen to me, sweet baby, let me tell you something... "

Verne can't hold Ron Franklin's jock if you ask me...

ron-franklin.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
To be honest I wish CBS lost their SEC game. Lol . ESPN is much better.

VN Store

Back