2016 class building to be Butch's best yet?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
CBJ has done wonders in recruiting on the hill in his last class and the current class but it seems to me it's all culminating in next years class being the finishing touch to a national title team. Last class was built from legacy, players bought into Jones' vision and had a connection (for the most part) to the university.

This years class is being built off of the results we saw last year (though small) it was an improvement in effort and coaching. I believe that this football season will define Jones' career to an extent, a lackluster year will mean a delay in the rise on rockytop but a decent season and a bowl win slingshots the team into national spotlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I just don't see a 6-6 or even a 7-5 year "slingshotting" us onto the national stage. Just as long as we're in most of the tough games, we'll be fine.

What Butch is so good at is SELLING A VISION. Eventually the W-L record will have to match up, but for now I think recruits are excited about the positive and family atmosphere of the team, which is a result of their relationship with the coaches. CBJ is promoting the whole package: tradition, playing time, best stadium and facilities, coaching, SEC, academics, potential for the team down the road (i.e., "brick by brick"), other 4 & 5*s buying into the program (so that one great DL won't be continually double-teamed), etc., etc. The guy is a people magnet and doesn't seem to care about sleep. :yes:

Reactions: 6 people
Easy now Fransis! This is truly only year #2. I'm not sure that this season will define his career. I have high hopes myself, but thats all...hopes. We have a lot of ?'s on this years team. Now when this class he has put together this year gets here, thats a horse of a different color. And it will be Orange!

Are you guys trying to say the 2015 class or 2016. If 16 who is committed that has you saying that. I think you mean 15

As of now on Rivals:
Rk Team Pts
1. Alabama 2824
2. USCe 2065
3. TAMU 2027
4. Clemson 1985
5. VOLS 1865

UT, as well as bUTch recruits, is behind 2 teams we play every year. Saban and Spurrier have proven over and over what quality coaching, motivation, and GAME DAY coaching bring as far as recruits. And it has been proven over and over the team with the best recruited talent on the field and GOOD game day coaching wins.

bUTch & Co. have proven the can recruit and motivate, and we need to see quality GAME DAY coaching. Motivated athletes playing to win executing an SEC championship caliber game plan prepared and called by the HC, OC, & DC. That's what we have yet to see for all the reasons posted on here ad nauseum. BUT, once bUTch has the foundation built his way, we'll be competitive for the SEC East every year. Just like USCe under Spurrier is now. And competitive for and winning the East of the SEC by definition puts us in position to be right there when the NCG selection committee makes their choices. Passed over maybe but surely not with a SEC CG win. This is where South Carolina is now. How long did it take The Ol' Ball Coach to get there? Hard to believe but he'll have been there a decade this year.

How long you gonna give bUTch?

Reactions: 1 person
As of now on Rivals:
Rk Team Pts
1. Alabama 2824
2. USCe 2065
3. TAMU 2027
4. Clemson 1985
5. VOLS 1865

UT, as well as bUTch recruits, is behind 2 teams we play every year. Saban and Spurrier have proven over and over what quality coaching, motivation, and GAME DAY coaching bring as far as recruits. And it has been proven over and over the team with the best recruited talent on the field and GOOD game day coaching wins.

bUTch & Co. have proven the can recruit and motivate, and we need to see quality GAME DAY coaching. Motivated athletes playing to win executing an SEC championship caliber game plan prepared and called by the HC, OC, & DC. That's what we have yet to see for all the reasons posted on here ad nauseum. BUT, once bUTch has the foundation built his way, we'll be competitive for the SEC East every year. Just like USCe under Spurrier is now. And competitive for and winning the East of the SEC by definition puts us in position to be right there when the NCG selection committee makes their choices. Passed over maybe but surely not with a SEC CG win. This is where South Carolina is now. How long did it take The Ol' Ball Coach to get there? Hard to believe but he'll have been there a decade this year.

Unless the bottom falls out I think he gets a minimum of 4 years rather than the "normal" 3.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ has done wonders in recruiting on the hill in his last class and the current class but it seems to me it's all culminating in next years class being the finishing touch to a national title team. Last class was built from legacy, players bought into Jones' vision and had a connection (for the most part) to the university.

This years class is being built off of the results we saw last year (though small) it was an improvement in effort and coaching. I believe that this football season will define Jones' career to an extent, a lackluster year will mean a delay in the rise on rockytop but a decent season and a bowl win slingshots the team into national spotlight.

Simple in 2016 is when we will rise to the top and take over the EAST, and in 17 we will take over the whole SEC NOT JUST THE EAST , that means little nick will be in for a few azz kicking that we owe him and bummer, we are Tennessee and will control the SEC.:lolabove:

As of now on Rivals:
Rk Team Pts
1. Alabama 2824
2. USCe 2065
3. TAMU 2027
4. Clemson 1985
5. VOLS 1865

petibone should has pits aways from Bama after being TRUCKED!

If Butch makes it to a bowl game, and wins it... the 2016 class could be insane.

Most of them have yet to play even their junior years in HS yet. Come on...You don't think it will change a ton between now and Signing Day 2016?

As of now on Rivals:
Rk Team Pts
1. Alabama 2824
2. USCe 2065
3. TAMU 2027
4. Clemson 1985
5. VOLS 1865

Let me remind you that the last time CBJ shook hands with the old ball coach this is what he said. I just kicked your ass now get off my field!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

We have to start winning to keep getting these good recruits. Which means Worley has to be a big time QB this year. I dont think there's much difference between Dobbs and Worley, so Dobbs is my choice. With our brutal schedule this year, might as well get him in there for future experience. It does no good with him sitting the bench this year and starting from scratch in 2016. Get him some experience this year, so we can prepare for the future.

VN Store

Back