Bittersweet

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
I am so happy for our current players. And for the kids coming in this next class, and future classes. These kids will know the pride of playing for Tennessee.

I am sad for the players who had to go through the turmoil of the coaching changes. Nobody in their right mind wants to experience that. No parent wants their kid to experience that. When you think of Tennessee, you should be thinking HELL YEAH! and not OH NO!

I am grateful for the players who committed to Tennessee. And I will support the team and the players this year with everything I have. I'll be at every Vol Walk. I'll be at every home game. And I'll cheer for the guys as they run through the T like my life depended on it.

The young men who will take the field this year said, "I want to be a Tennessee Volunteer". And they have my respect.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 54 people
It will be interesting to see if the posters that like Volly's post (which is very good) are some of the same ones that say things like "We need to get rid of all the players recruited by Dooley" or "As soon as all the Dooley players are gone, UT will be better." Many of those players are the core of this team.

I don't see how so much venom can be spewed towards our own players. They're Vols and deserve our respect. They've been through a lot.

Reactions: 3 people
It will be interesting to see if the posters that like Volly's post (which is very good) are some of the same ones that say things like "We need to get rid of all the players recruited by Dooley" or "As soon as all the Dooley players are gone, UT will be better." Many of those players are the core of this team.

I don't see how so much venom can be spewed towards our own players. They're Vols and deserve our respect. They've been through a lot.

Amen. And I am really hopeful we can get 6-7 wins so that this senior class will get to experience a bowl game.

Reactions: 3 people
Great post, Volly. Hopefully these seniors can take pride in knowing they were there to help lay the foundation for resurgence of winning football in Ktown.

Reactions: 1 person
The Orange Storm is coming.... oh it is coming to make the rest of college football ... say Oh No this is bad. Because Tennessee is on the rise... it is a matter of time.. Every player who puts on the uniform deserves to be appreciated and praised. They all gave their All for Tennessee and I will give my all to Cheer them on... :D

Reactions: 2 people
It sucks for these "Dooley" players because their careers probably didn't play out the way they thought it would with all the losing seasons. If they get us to 6 wins plus a bowl game, they can take pride in knowing they laid the foundation for all the successful, winning seasons we have coming our way after they are gone.

OP is right....I hate the fact that kids signed up to become a VFL and become men, only to be a part of one of the worst eras in Tennessee Football. It's not fair....they knew our history...committed to it...wanted to continue the legacy...but were dealt a $hitty coaching staff.

Agreed. They have given their all for Tennessee. Poor leadership was not their fault. And several them have walked through hell through it all, and deserve to hold their heads high, even though a great many of the more petty fans can't see it.

I am so happy for our current players. And for the kids coming in this next class, and future classes. These kids will know the pride of playing for Tennessee.

I am sad for the players who had to go through the turmoil of the coaching changes. Nobody in their right mind wants to experience that. No parent wants their kid to experience that. When you think of Tennessee, you should be thinking HELL YEAH! and no OH NO!

I am grateful for the players who committed to Tennessee. And I will support the team and the players this year with everything I have. I'll be at every Vol Walk. I'll be at every home game. And I'll cheer for the guys as they run through the T like my life depended on it.

The young men who will take the field this year said, "I want to be a Tennessee Volunteer". And they have my respect.

GO VOLS!

So eloquent and well said, I feel exactly the same way.

Here is a very deserving big BOOM for all the players before,after,and especially the ones during the dark coaching years who chose to be Volunteers.Thank you all.Go Vols and HTTR!!

I am sad for the players who had to go through the turmoil of the coaching changes. Nobody in their right mind wants to experience that. No parent wants their kid to experience that. When you think of Tennessee, you should be thinking HELL YEAH! and not OH NO!

GO VOLS!

#VFL'sWiNorLOSE

r-RONALD-REAGAN-large570.jpg

AMERiCA!

VN Store

Back