Kahlil Mckenzie has a message...

govols105

10548322_10100973761731056_8224058502288073936_o.jpg

:rock:

Reactions: 71 people
It's the third Saturday in October.... UT is beating bama by 4 with 20 secs to go. The ball is on the vols 1"line, it's forth and goal. It's a hand off to Yeldon and Mckenzie bursts through a triple team and stops him for a loss and a win. The crowd erupts, they don't storm the field though because we own bama.

Reactions: 4 people
It's the third Saturday in October.... UT is beating bama by 4 with 20 secs to go. The ball is on the vols 1"line, it's forth and goal. It's a hand off to Yeldon and Mckenzie bursts through a triple team and stops him for a loss and a win. The crowd erupts, they don't storm the field though because we own bama.

Yeah no, we would storm the field. It's been awhile

Reactions: 11 people
Really? 10,000 of us stormed the field when we beat Florida in '98. A win over Bama this year would be bigger than that.

It wouldn't be this year it would be 2016. Might get them at Bryant sennet next year though too.

That was about 16 years ago. One would expect someone to mature a bit in that time span.

College kids in 2014 will act the same as college kids in 1998. I'm not saying I'M going to storm the field if we beat Bama as a 38 year old...but students sure as hell will.

Reactions: 10 people
Really? 10,000 of us stormed the field when we beat Florida in '98. A win over Bama this year would be bigger than that.
Yup they sure did! That goal post came down quick. I was 8 at the time, and at the game with my grand pa. He has since passed, but he is solely responsible for turning me on to the big orange. He died in 04, I thank god he didn't live to see UT go down hill.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad we got this kid and I realize that I'm probably just an old, out of touch fuddy duddy but I'm not gonna lie. I'd prefer Kahlil do a little less tweeting and let his game on the field do the talking.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm glad we got this kid and I realize that I'm probably just an old, out of touch fuddy duddy but I'm not gonna lie. I'd prefer Kahlil do a little less tweeting and let his game on the field do the talking.

That's a popular thing to say, "do your talking on the field". But it isn't the world we live in today.

Reactions: 2 people
That's a popular thing to say, "do your talking on the field". But it isn't the world we live in today.

I don't say it because it's popular. It's just how I was raised vollygirl. I know it's a new generation but I'd rather he not saying anything and actually kick Alabama's ass than run his mouth and lose to them every year he's on the hill.

Note: Not saying we ARE going to lose Alabama but if we do, it makes someone like Kahlil look foolish for tweeting out messages like that.

Last edited:
College kids in 2014 will act the same as college kids in 1998. I'm not saying I'M going to storm the field if we beat Bama as a 38 year old...but students sure as hell will.
Yes they will, I would say the kids now are probably even a little more wild/crazy acting than the ones in 98. If UT is at Neyland when these long losing streaks to UF and Alabama are broken, they will storm the field and goal posts will come down! Believe that! You potentially may even see some of our fans/students storm their fields if the streak is broken on the road.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't say it because it's popular. It's just how I was raised vollygirl. I know it's a new generation but I'd rather he not saying anything and actually kick Alabama's ass than run his mouth and lose to them every year he's on the hill.

Note: Not saying we ARE going to lose Alabama but if we do, it makes someone like Kahlil look foolish for tweeting out messages like that.

My point in saying the word popular is that it is a popular thought because a lot of people feel that way. It wasn't an insult.

And he said it in response to crap he was getting from bama fans. Good for him for not rolling over and taking it.

:jpshakehead:

Tennessee doesn't storm the field, this isn't amateur hour.

Exactly, act like you've been there. Show some class because even though a lot of you guys haven't been there before, a lot of us have, and it sends a message that we belong here, were meant to be here, and plan on staying here for a while. And it will drive every one bananas.

Reactions: 3 people
It's the third Saturday in October.... UT is beating bama by 4 with 20 secs to go. The ball is on the vols 1"line, it's forth and goal. It's a hand off to Yeldon and McKennedy bursts through a triple team and stops him for a loss and a win. The crowd erupts, they don't storm the field though because we own bama.

Adjusted post to account for the Kesling Effect.

Reactions: 4 people
An outstanding athlete, obviously intelligent and articulate, with an infectious personality, AND he hates Bama!!

I want to adopt Kahlil!!

VN Store

Back