Media Days - Crowder, AJ, Maggitt

Reppin the Vols !

Anybody else surprised Worley didn't get picked? I wonder if it's because he's not 100% firm as the starter...

#SECMD14 Reps: Crowder, Johnson, Maggitt - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Edit - Mods, merge if needed. Sorry, I didn't see the discussion going on in the "Media Days" thread.

Don't wonder too much.....it does not mean Worley is not going to start.
It actually means, that Crowder, AJ, and Maggit will be there this go around.

Reactions: 1 person
Crowder must have shown our coaching staff some great leadership abilities to be able to represent us!

Reactions: 2 people
It's not a good sign IMO that he wasn't chosen. Leadership is going to be vital this season and we need a leader at QB. I honestly have as much faith in Dobbs and Peterman as I do Worley. Peterman got threw into a very tough position and performed poorly, but that one performance isn't enough for me to rule him out for good. I just hope which ever one wins the job , plays well and leads this team.

Reppin the Vols !

Anybody else surprised Worley didn't get picked? I wonder if it's because he's not 100% firm as the starter...

Edit - Mods, merge if needed. Sorry, I didn't see the discussion going on in the "Media Days" thread.

He's needs to learn how to play QB first!

Don't wonder too much.....it does not mean Worley is not going to start.
It actually means, that Crowder, AJ, and Maggit will be there this go around.

Actually, it must mean that Crowder is changing positions since all of the QB's suck...

In seriousness, UT is taking two deserving Srs (well at least two guys we shouldn't expect to see in Orange in '15) who are likely the best Sr's on the team and then their Jr leader. That's all. There's nothing more to it than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
It's not a good sign IMO that he wasn't chosen. Leadership is going to be vital this season and we need a leader at QB. I honestly have as much faith in Dobbs and Peterman as I do Worley. Peterman got threw into a very tough position and performed poorly, but that one performance isn't enough for me to rule him out for good. I just hope which ever one wins the job , plays well and leads this team.

Jones has praised Worley in two basic ways. One, he's said "consistently" that Worley is CONSISTENT. Not necessarily flashy or a classic big play maker... but consistent. Two, he's praised his leadership.

You can't take everyone who may deserve to go. AJ and Maggitt are worthy.

In seriousness, UT is taking two deserving Srs who are likely the best Sr's on the team and then their Jr leader. That's all. There's nothing more to it than that.

ditto :good!: agreed

except I just remembered that Maggitt is also a redshirt Junior, as is Crowder. AJ is the only Senior

Last edited:
In seriousness, UT is taking two deserving Srs (well at least two guys we shouldn't expect to see in Orange in '15) who are likely the best Sr's on the team and then their Jr leader. That's all. There's nothing more to it than that.

You got a like my friend... it all starts with leadership, in the trenches, and a sec leading tackler..

Great thing with Crowder being offensive rep, the QB situation which is TBA is mostly kept in house. No need to stir the pot until the water boils.

Great thing with Crowder being offensive rep, the QB situation which is TBA is mostly kept in house. No need to stir the pot until the water boils.
Thanx, gets old hearing:
"but this QB got reps with the 1's....and this QB got reps with the 2's, but this QB is more experienced, so that means......yada,yada"
So much speculation goes on with our QB situation. It's cool to hear someone say and to realize...."We will know soon and chill out."

Jones has praised Worley in two basic ways. One, he's said "consistently" that Worley is CONSISTENT. Not necessarily flashy or a classic big play maker... but consistent. Two, he's praised his leadership.

I agree with you often and also think Worley will be much better in 2014, however coaches often use these opportunities to put a different kind of stress on their leaders. Not taking Worley causes me some concern about how much Jones expects from him next year.

But at the same time.... CBJ "consistently" saying Worley is Consistent doesn't mean a whole lot. Jones is an artist at Coach speak and never gives more info than what is needed to appease media/fans. If Natties where given out for coach speak...CBJ would nailed it.
Two, he's going to say things positive about every player in question.

Yeah... this is very telling. I think this is a good move. It doesn't put the added pressure on Worley to answer questions about the QB race.

VN Store

Back