More likely outcome for this year

More likely record

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
8-4 or 4-8? Let the debate...

I myself answered 8-4 but I could see either. Most teams are at least beatable this year but we have significant question marks too of course. I think 8-4 is best case scenario and 4-8 is worst case scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sucks but 4-8 is more likely.

5-7 is more likely than 7-5.

I'd take 6-6 right now and be happy.

Reactions: 1 person
Tough choice, but with our schedule, inexperience and recent history, I chose 4-8.

I'm going in assuming that Tennessee absolutely beats USU, ASU, Chatt, UK, and Vandy. So 5-7 would be the minimum for my mind.

I answered 4-8, because I think it is more likely that Tennessee slips up against just one of USU, ASU, or Vandy than it is that Tennessee beats three out of Mizzou, USCe, UGA, UF, and Ole Miss.

Reactions: 3 people
We will be much better come years end than when it starts. Next season is the year the results begin to show the progress. With this schedule and the amount of young guys in big important roles I will say 4-8 is much more likely. Neither one of these will happen though...

I dont think we will be either 4-8 or 8-4. But if I had to choose which we are more likely to be then i'd say 8-4.

If Tennessee won at least 5 games under Derek Dooley, then Tennessee will never ever win fewer than 5 game, so my floor is 5-7, although 6-6 or 7-5 is most likely.

I would say there is a 0% chance of going 4-8 based on the aforementioned reasoning and I would say there is a 10% chance of going 8-4. If we can win every game at home except for Bama and then beat Vanderbilly and Ole Misses on the road we can get to 8-4, again, not very likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
8-4

I think we have a much better chance of knocking off four of Vandy, Mizzou, UGA, UF, USCe, OK, Ole Miss & bamer than being upset by both Vandy and Mizzou.

I'm going in assuming that Tennessee absolutely beats USU, ASU, Chatt, UK, and Vandy. So 5-7 would be the minimum for my mind.

I answered 4-8, because I think it is more likely that Tennessee slips up against just one of USU, ASU, or Vandy than it is that Tennessee beats three out of Mizzou, USCe, UGA, UF, and Ole Miss.

didnt_read_dance_gif.gif

Reactions: 10 people

this makes me more sad than the first time I saw Bambi's momma die.

We will be much better come years end than when it starts. Next season is the year the results begin to show the progress. With this schedule and the amount of young guys in big important roles I will say 4-8 is much more likely. Neither one of these will happen though...

I (unfortunately) chose 4-8 because I'm thinking we go 6-6 or 7-5 and win a bowl game. It'll be amazing if we win 8 games. It's not impossible.

In regards to your comments about next year, I see 9, maybe 10 potential wins if we've come into our own. Winnable games being UAB, North Texas, home games with Arkansas, UGA, USC, and Vandy, and away games with Florida, Kentucky, and Mizzou. And potentially but less likely one upset of Bama away or Oklahome at home. We'll see though. It alll depends on how quickly we progress this year.

5-7 should have been one of the options to select. Inadequate poll. Redo please.

VN Store

Back