"Cool Story Bro" Thread

LouderVol

Extra and Terrestrial
So I thought it would be cool to have a cool story bro thread, where we could all get together and tell our cool stories dealing with UT football. Please keep it relevant to games you have been to. (nb4 "Cool Starry Bra" meme)

So I will start:

so back when Dooley was head doofus here we hosted bama here once, and my friends and I were students and had front row seats. Now most of my family are bama fans :sick: so I have a lot of saved up aggression and other factoids to use on bama. Anyway after half time, and some good ribbing of the team and their millionth of a dollar band, the espn guy comes around and checks the mike in front of the student section. He ends up moving it back. we ask him why and he goes on about how they are picking up one guy over crowd, he said this person wasn't cursing too much or saying things not safe for TV but that it was funny and for some reason they have a policy to not air one person 'giving it' to the other team. We asked what that person was saying and sure enough it was me, he shook my hand and said in his years of working for ESPN he has never had to move the mike for one person. This is why I am 'too loud for ESPN'

second story: again while students and again on the front row I got some good heckling in on kentucky (I want to say this was Fulmers last game but not sure) there was this one defensive linemen on their team that was a bench rider and so I was giving it to him pretty harsh. "How does it feel to play against the team that didn't recruit you." "Did you know you weren't even alive the last time you beat Tennessee" "Why are you drinking all that poweraid you haven't done anything on the field" any way at one point he responded to some other students trying to get him to throw them his helmet, he acted like he was going to toss it but then shook his head and pointed at the field. To this I yelled at him "Hey man you can give me your helmet, don't worry I won't be wearing it on the field either." this got him angry and a couple of his teammates actually had to guide him back to the bench.

so anyway lets hear some 'cool stories bros' and first thread!!!

Reactions: 1 person
One time, Mike Shula was the coach at Alabama. Those days were the best. Here's to hoping they return soon

Reactions: 7 people
I was at Philip Fulmer Football camp and:
1.) Al Wilson was in my Defensive Backs group
2.) Lovie Smith was the DB coach during the week
3.) During that week OJ was running from Johnny Law in the Bronco and we didn't know anything about it because we didn't have TVs.

Bonus: Carl Pickens was working out in the weight room and being "not cool" to all the youngsters that were excited to see him.

I was at Philip Fulmer Football camp and:
1.) Al Wilson was in my Defensive Backs group
2.) Lovie Smith was the DB coach during the week
3.) During that week OJ was running from Johnny Law in the Bronco and we didn't know anything about it because we didn't have TVs.

Bonus: Carl Pickens was working out in the weight room and being "not cool" to all the youngsters that were excited to see him.

very nice, I would have hated to have been a WR and have wilson meet me over the middle on a jump ball.

One time I went to the USCe game and we upset them and I celebrated in the stands with strangers and I had tears in my eyes as I walked through the tunnels and all the fans were still singing and chanting walking out of Neyland.

The end.

Reactions: 6 people
So I thought it would be cool to have a cool story bro thread, where we could all get together and tell our cool stories dealing with UT football. Please keep it relevant to games you have been to. (nb4 "Cool Starry Bra" meme)

So I will start:

so back when Dooley was head doofus here we hosted bama here once, and my friends and I were students and had front row seats. Now most of my family are bama fans :sick: so I have a lot of saved up aggression and other factoids to use on bama. Anyway after half time, and some good ribbing of the team and their millionth of a dollar band, the espn guy comes around and checks the mike in front of the student section. He ends up moving it back. we ask him why and he goes on about how they are picking up one guy over crowd, he said this person wasn't cursing too much or saying things not safe for TV but that it was funny and for some reason they have a policy to not air one person 'giving it' to the other team. We asked what that person was saying and sure enough it was me, he shook my hand and said in his years of working for ESPN he has never had to move the mike for one person. This is why I am 'too loud for ESPN'

second story: again while students and again on the front row I got some good heckling in on kentucky (I want to say this was Fulmers last game but not sure) there was this one defensive linemen on their team that was a bench rider and so I was giving it to him pretty harsh. "How does it feel to play against the team that didn't recruit you." "Did you know you weren't even alive the last time you beat Tennessee" "Why are you drinking all that poweraid you haven't done anything on the field" any way at one point he responded to some other students trying to get him to throw them his helmet, he acted like he was going to toss it but then shook his head and pointed at the field. To this I yelled at him "Hey man you can give me your helmet, don't worry I won't be wearing it on the field either." this got him angry and a couple of his teammates actually had to guide him back to the bench.

so anyway lets hear some 'cool stories bros' and first thread!!!

I sat beside a jerk who thought it was cool to show his :shaking2: But he was only 2 years old. I guess he will grow up someday---maybe not.

I have a couple of Doug Dickey stories...

Story 1: It must have been June 2000 when I was at Innisbrook, a resort not too far from Tampa, for an industry convention. I had a little free time and decided to go swimming. As I normally do, I had on a UT shirt as I swam. There were only 2 or 3 of us in the large pool but one of the others was a guy doing the backstroke and spitting water up in the air. After a couple of minutes, he stopped swimming and stood up in the pool. I saw that it was Doug Dickey. I knew the SEC athletic directors were meeting at the same resort so it wasn't a big shock to see him. I introduced myself and we spoke for several minutes just standing in the pool. He mentioned this freshman QB by the name of Casey Clausen. I had, of course, heard of Clausen, but was surprised to hear Dickey speak so highly of him.

Story 2: Back in 1992 when my wife and I were on our honeymoon, we went to the NC mountains and then traveled over to Knoxville so I could introduce her to all that is Big Orange and holy! We were headed to where they housed a lot of memorabilia and as we were approaching the entrance, Doug Dickey came up the other sidewalk with a couple of men. I couldn't help but stop them and introduce myself and my wife. DD was the first person I introduced her to as my wife.

Reactions: 2 people
Jarnell Stokes bumped into me as he was walking into Quiznos at Vol Hall. I was walking out and he let me by first. I'm only 5'8"

Was watching warmups at the Cincy game and one of the Cincy cheerleaders came over to see her family who were Vol fans. They were all yakking then the cheerleader pulled up her Bearcat top to reveal that she was secretly wearing a shiny Vols cheer leading top underneath. Cool story?

Reactions: 9 people
One time I got bedbugs on my bed and I took it outside and burned it. Weird thing is, others joined in and started burning their beds too. A small riot ensued, scaring the coach so bad he fled Knoxville. He must have been trying to put as much distance between himself and the riots as possible because he didn't stop running until he got to California. Then an Ogre called all of our recruits and told them not to come to Knoxville. I guess he thought everybody had bedbugs there since everybody was burning their beds... I guess the Ogre was actually a troll... weird

I spoke with coach O, and couldn't understand a damm word he said..

Same here. I asked him if he had enjoyed his time as a Vol. It was a couple days before the O/W game. He nodded his head and said something about crayfish that I couldn't understand.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back