14' Legacy Class vs Utah State

VFLinFL

Tennessee In The 850
VolNation I want input from everyone negative or positive.
1. Do we benefit team speed from the 14' Legacy Class that will show up against Utah State & especially to stop Chuckie Keeton?
2. How much trouble will Utah State's Linebacker core give our offense as far as productivity?
:fireworks::td::number1::fireworks:

I think that's asking a lot of kids who haven't played a down of college football. The college game is much faster than HS. I think some will see the field but you can bet Keeton will know when they're in and try to exploit the inexperience.

Reactions: 2 people
I've literally never heard anyone ask "how much trouble will there linebacker core give us in terms of production".

That question has probably never been asked before, nor do I know what it means.

Last edited:
I am not really sure how many of the defensive players from the legacy class will see the field in game 1, so I will say not that much of an impact. We should be more concerned with the older guys that will actually start. 1,000th post BTW.

Reactions: 10 people
I am not really sure how many of the defensive players from the legacy class will see the field in game 1, so I will say not that much of an impact. We should be more concerned with the older guys that will actually start. 1,000th post BTW.

Congrats!

Its there first game even how talented they are, there will be growing pains and Utah State is no push over.

Reactions: 1 person
This thing will be tough early but I honestly expect a blowout. 52-21 is my prediction.

Assuming no injuries, I don't know how they stop us consistently on Hurd-and-1. I think our wideouts have a field day on their inexperienced secondary. And I think Keeton will be held back by the ACL.

Couple all this with the fact this is a night game in Neyland and I expect a laugher.

Reactions: 6 people
I really don't think USU will be able to stop us running the ball in this game. I know I know the O-line is unproven.....yea yea I know. That said, I still gotta believe that upfront we should be able to move them off the ball and get 3-5 yards a carry. If we can do this it will really open up the play action pass and our receivers will get loose in that secondary.

I think that it might be close at half, but our teams wears them down and pulls away in the 2nd half. 38-20 final. JMO.

I expect us to give them a complete beat down...Many FR will play in the late third and in the 4th.-Over 200 yard rushing.

I really don't think USU will be able to stop us running the ball in this game. I know I know the O-line is unproven.....yea yea I know. That said, I still gotta believe that upfront we should be able to move them off the ball and get 3-5 yards a carry. If we can do this it will really open up the play action pass and our receivers will get loose in that secondary.

I think that it might be close at half, but our teams wears them down and pulls away in the 2nd half. 38-20 final. JMO.

GOD bless you Jett for writing "loose" and not "lose".....it's an epidemic around here. Sorry, pet peeve. #GrammarNazi

Reactions: 14 people
No telling how many freshies see the field on D .

Malone and Hurd will be the main contributors for the Legacy Class first game of the year. Will be some plays on Special teams as well . We do not know who will start at returner at this moment ..

More worried about the Utah State Line play than Utah States linebacker core.. If Lane or Hurd get to the second level - I have confidence than can make people miss.

Those linebackers cannot keep up with our Wide Receivers. I fully expect our WR to make a lot of plays.

USU has a very stout run D. I doubt your RBs have a field day against us. It's our pass d that I'm most concerned about. Your big athletic WRs could cause fits for our secondary. Very rarely do running games flourish against Utah State the past four years. Our LBs are pretty decent and the d-line pretty physical.

USU has a very stout run D. I doubt your RBs have a field day against us. It's our pass d that I'm most concerned about. Your big athletic WRs could cause fits for our secondary. Very rarely do running games flourish against Utah State the past four years. Our LBs are pretty decent and the d-line pretty physical.

tumblr_lyokikO2EU1qk8x9e.gif

Welcome to the Board .

Reactions: 14 people
This thing will be tough early but I honestly expect a blowout. 52-21 is my prediction.

Assuming no injuries, I don't know how they stop us consistently on Hurd-and-1. I think our wideouts have a field day on their inexperienced secondary. And I think Keeton will be held back by the ACL.

Couple all this with the fact this is a night game in Neyland and I expect a laugher.

I don't think Utah State will be too intimidated by a night game at Neyland. They played a road game last year at a pretty large stadium.

I think the effect will be how our young but talented freshmen help the older guys prepare for the game. Imagine how much harder Lane, Pig, North and Croom will work knowing they are being pushed by Hurd, Pearson and Malone. Same goes with Danny O and the rest of the D Line. Plus our DBs will be getting challenged daily in camp and that should help them get ready for anyone.

I don't think Utah State will be too intimidated by a night game at Neyland. They played a road game last year at a pretty large stadium.

If you're talking about the USC game at the LA Coliseum the announced crowd was 63,482 with actual attendance closer to 50,000. Hell, we have more than that for our O&W game. The size of the facility means nothing if you don't put screaming fans in the seats. The aggies will feel the wrath of Neyland and shall be sore afraid.

Reactions: 5 people
If you're talking about the USC game at the LA Coliseum the announced crowd was 63,482 with actual attendance closer to 50,000. Hell, we have more than that for our O&W game. The size of the facility means nothing if you don't put screaming fans in the seats. The aggies will feel the wrath of Neyland and shall be sore afraid.

As has been pointed out before, USU in recent years has played at Camp Randall in Wisconsin and Jordan Hare stadium in Auburn. I know there's nothing quite like Neyland, but those are both loud venues.

Tough early...yes. No 52-21. More like 35-14. Close first half, then 2nd half, all ours.
GO VOLS!

As has been pointed out before, USU in recent years has played at Camp Randall in Wisconsin and Jordan Hare stadium in Auburn. I know there's nothing quite like Neyland, but those are both loud venues.

You're talking about the difference between stadii in the 80k range versus 102455. Or, an increase in about 25%.

Visualize it like this (from a rough interpolation of human growth charts): It's like the difference between the size of an average 9 year old compared to the size of the average 14 year old. While both are human, thus substantially similar, few would argue that an average 9 year old is close enough in size to a 14 year old to warrant comparison.

Last edited:

Its not going to be an easy task, but hopefully we can wear them down up front. I just think UT will play it close to the vest with the game on a Sunday night, and half of our team being freshmen. I'm thinking it might be a lot of misdirection run at first.

Then if they stuff that (which is very possible) we would open it up through the air a lot more. Should be a great game and it will be electric at Neyland for sure. Cannot wait for football!!!

And @Oklahoma (7 point loss) & Texas A&M. They will be ready to play. We will be ready to play as well. You hate to have a "make it or break it" game in your 1st week, but this is one of those games.

You're talking about the difference between stadii in the 80k range versus 102455. Or, an increase in about 25%.

Visualize it like this (from a rough interpolation of human growth charts): It's like the difference between the size of an average 9 year old compared to the size of the average 14 year old. While both are human, thus substantially similar, few would argue that an average 9 year old is close enough in size to a 14 year old to warrant comparison.

The play on the field is much more intimidating than a venue. The way we have played over the past years will have no one shaking in their boots. Cleets.

VN Store

Back