Man, I hope Worley's ticked off...

Another last place ranking..great. I think Worley and the O line will play with a chip on there shoulders. Butch will get them ready
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 8 people
I know this may sound bias because I am a Vol Fan. However, if I am a coach or fan I am taking Justin Worley before Maxwell Smith, Brandon Allen & Patton Robinette.

Reactions: 12 people
I think there will be some struggles, but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at times and won't see any balls thrown 10 yards away from any receivers.

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw this FoxSports ranking of SEC QBs and Worley's dead last at 14. Granted, Worley is not the next Manning but they rank a bunch of guys who've never started or even played in the SEC ahead of him. I hope he's really ticked off about this and plays with a chip on his shoulder this year.

Ranking the SEC quarterbacks from best to 'most to prove' | FOX Sports on MSN

I hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder and has a business type attitude to go along with it. He can't be mad at the reports because the reality is those guys are probably more talented that he is. A lot of things that was said about him in high school he has been true.

What a BS set of rankings! :banghead2:

I believe Worley beat SC, which ended the year ranked 4th in the nation, correct??? :blink:

Reactions: 2 people
I just hope he actually keeps the ball and runs on a read option just once in a game.

Why? With all of the other weapons on this team? Maybe once or twice, but why do we want our QB to run the ball? He did outrun Maybin in the spring game so he may be more athletic than we are led to believe.

Reactions: 3 people

I believe Worley beat SC, which ended the year ranked 4th in the nation, correct??? :blink:

No UT beat SC he only had 179 passing yards. I for one hope Worley or whoever starts plays lights out but they rankings are what they are and all we can do is wait to see what happens.

No UT beat SC he only had 179 passing yards. I for one hope Worley or whoever starts plays lights out but they rankings are what they are and all we can do is wait to see what happens.

And no turnovers. That's the key. We have enough weapons now we just need a game manager to keep us in games until the end. Thats exactly what Worley does.

Reactions: 2 people
Usually when I see these links I realize you knuckleheads are over reacting, but that is a real bad list. Some of those guys like Hill, Mason, Jennings and Robinette (who they didnt even have a picture for) may not be starters by the end of the year.
That might be the worst preseason list I have ever seen.

Reactions: 6 people
If he can complete 60% of his passes and have a 2:1 TD / INT ratio... And stay healthy we will do well.

We would have had an extra win plus a bowl game if he's stayed healthy last year.

When you complete 52% vs SEC teams with 3 tds and 4 ints and may not even start you get ranked like this.

And no turnovers. That's the key. We have enough weapons now we just need a game manager to keep us in games until the end. Thats exactly what Worley does.

I totally agree with you on that. Now if they are ranking the best game manager then Worley would be at the top of that. But as a pure QB he is at he bottom. He's not going to make every throw and won't wow you with his arm. He also isn't much of a threat with his legs.

Why? With all of the other weapons on this team? Maybe once or twice, but why do we want our QB to run the ball? He did outrun Maybin in the spring game so he may be more athletic than we are led to believe.

Bc the read option is limited if the qb never tucks the ball and runs occasionally. It keeps the defense honest

Did you actually watch the SC game? The offense was Marquez North catching jump balls. Worley didn't beat anybody. He was missing key throws all day.

Reactions: 10 people
Did you actually watch the SC game? The offense was Marquez North catching jump balls. Worley didn't beat anybody. He was missing key throws all day.

Right. If he was accurate at all we would have blown them out the way the D and Palardy played.

Reactions: 6 people
Dead last means no where to go but up. My guess is he won't finish the season at 14...but that's hope and Orange blooded Vol talk

VN Store

Back