Odds on winning the S.E.C. Championship

That seems foolish, 18/1. Really? Everyone else predicts 6-6 season. Interesting.

Seems about right rank order wise considering SECe vs SECw teams, schedule, attrition, recruiting, new coaching staff, etc.

If I did it I would have Ole Miss, Vandy and Mizzou with a bit better odds. But I would definitely keep Mizzou below UT by a significant amout.

Makes sense actually. A&M with Johnny gone (plus some O line and linebacker losses etc) and 3 of the teams with best odds to win are in their division making most odds makers assume they will lose 2-3 games in their own division making it very unlikely to win.

Ole Miss, UT, and Mizzou I think are the ones debatable. Mizzou lost defense, WR, and starting QB but a decently proven QB in stable, Ole Miss has some talent but don't always play up to it and sometimes over and in the West, and UT is unknown but has an infusion of talent and at worst will prob beat KY and Vandy and has a chance against about every team they play in the East

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Seems about right rank order wise considering SECe vs SECw teams, schedule, attrition, recruiting, new coaching staff, etc.

If I did it I would have Ole Miss, Vandy and Mizzou with a bit better odds. But I would definitely keep Mizzou below UT by a significant amout.

Think we are on the same page. Look at it purely from numbers, divisions, and who each team plays cross division etc. Middle is debatable but pretty close to on target

even though Ole Miss is a good team they are in a really tough division. thats why their odds are almost the same as UTs. Its just bc they would have to jump Alabama, Auburn and LSU among others.

i am willing to give anyone on this board 100:1 odds on kentucky winning the sec in football.

if anyone wants to make that bet, arrangements can be made.

Reactions: 2 people
i am willing to give anyone on this board 100:1 odds on kentucky winning the sec in football.

if anyone wants to make that bet, arrangements can be made.

i hear ya lol

wonder how many people took Auburn and Mizzou last yr with their odds?

they were like 75/1

Odds of beating UGA= 2/5

Odds of beating UF= 3/5

Odds of beating Missiouri= 3/5

Odds of beating USCjr=1/2

Assuming we drop both Alabama and Auburn, we would need to win out in the east. So I'm going to say our odds are (2/5*3/5*3/5*1/2)

18/250 or 7.2%. Then call it a 2/5 chance of winning the SECCG. 36/1250.

Final odds are 2.88%

Last edited:
Odds of beating UGA= 2/5

Odds of beating UF= 3/5

Assuming we drop both Alabama and Auburn, we would need to win out in the east. So I'm going to say our odds are (2/5*3/5*3/5*1/2)

Final odds are 2.88%
^ math major

Ole Miss has some talent but don't always play up to it

Ole Miss was fairly young last season. This season they will be 2 years out from that monster '13 recruiting class, which was similar to Butch's '14 class, plus Freeze also had a solid recruiting class in '14 to follow up on that great class. I expect Ole Miss to be very dangerous this season in the West.

Reactions: 2 people
Odds of beating UGA= 2/5

Odds of beating UF= 3/5

Final odds are 2.88%

All this effort, only to forget that we don't play auburn this year.

Odds of beating UGA= 2/5

Odds of beating UF= 3/5

Final odds are 2.88%

You weren't a math major.

We have about the same odds of winning the SEC this year as I do stopping an Alex Morgan PK then convincing her to sleep with me.

VN Store

Back