The 2015 Roster

DiderotsGhost

Wanted to take a look at how the 2015 roster might look. Watching the 2015 class develop, it's hard not to be excited about our future. If our coaches do their job and develop these guys, things will be looking up soon.

I’ve provided a listing for each position group. Note that this is NOT a depth chart; I've compiled names from various sources, and there's no real "order". Feel free to note any omissions, corrections, etc, as I compiled this from a few different sources and easy to overlook a few important players. My ratings are obviously subjective; would love to hear others' views. Question marks denote draft-eligible players that may or may not be on the 2015 roster.

Quarterbacks

1. Josh Dobbs
2. Nathan Peterman
3. Quinten Dormady
4. Jauan Jennings

Rating: 7 / 10. Right now, QB position is one of the bigger question marks moving forward, but honestly, this is true at every program. For now, I'll give us a "7", because we have a variety of unproven options, but it's certainly reasonable to expect one or more of these guys to pan out. I'm also cautiously optimistic that Josh Dobbs will see some significant improvement. If we were to land Torrence Gibson, that would put us in even better shape.

Running Backs

1. Jalen Hurd
2. Derrell Scott
3. Treyvon Paulk
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Rocky Reid
6. Justus Pickett (?)

Rating: 9/10. I'm tempted to give this group a "10", but that would be jumping the gun a bit. None of these guys have proven themselves yet, but it's difficult to imagine a scenario where at least 2-3 of these guys don't pan out. Even if unproven, this group has a ton of potential! Hard to believe how thin we were in 2013 and how loaded we might be in 2015.

Wide Receivers

1. Marquez North
2. Josh Malone
3. Pig Howard (?)
4. Vic Wharton
5. Von Pearson (?)
6. Jason Croom
7. Josh Smith
8. Preston Williams
9. (more)

Rating: 10/10. Are you kidding me?! For opposing defenses, this has the potential to become a Murderer's Row of wide receivers! We still need to see how some of these guys pan out, but it looks like there's a good possibility we'll see the return of the "Wide Receiver U" moniker. This doesn't even include Van Jefferson, who may commit, as well. And to think: wide receivers were considered one of our weaknesses at the beginning of 2013.

Offensive Line

1. Jack Jones
2. Zach Stewart
3. Dontavius Blair (?)
4. Coleman Thomas
5. Ray Raulerson
6. Dylan Wiseman
7. Charles Mosley (OL / DL)
8. Kyler Kerbyson (?)
9. Marcus Jackson (?)
10. Dylan Wiesman
11. Mack Crowder (?)
12. (more)

Rating: 7/10. Alongside QB, this has to be the biggest area of concern. We're making progress, but could still use some more depth on the O-line. Though, just like QB, we have a lot of guys that could pan out well; just difficult to tell at this point in time.

Tight End

1. Daniel Helm
2. Ethan Wolf
3. AJ Bransiel

Rating: 8/10. We have a solid group with good potential, but still unproven.

Special Teams

1. Aaron Medley (K)
2. Tommy Townsend (P)
3. George Bullock (K)
4. Troy Waites (P)
5. Riley Lovingood (Long Snapper)

Rating: 8/10. Looking really good on special teams for the future, so long as Medley and Townsend pan out. Glad that Butch has re-emphasized special teams, which has been a constant area of embarrassment for UT, even going back before our post-07 decline. The only reason I'm going with an "8" (instead of a "9" or "10") is because both Medley and Townsend will still be underclassmen, but both were highly touted for their position.

Defensive Line

1. Derek Barnett
2. Dimarya Mixon
3. Jakob Johnson (DL / LB)
4. Curt Maggitt (?)
5. Michael Sawyers
6. Andrew Butcher
7. Joe Henderson
8. Owen Williams (?)
9. Corey Vereen
10. LeTroy Lewis
11. Jalen Miller
12. Danny O'Brien (?)
13. Trevarris Saulsberry (?)
14. (more)

Rating: 8/10. We're putting together a solid group on the DL. Good chance we'll add Kahlil McKenzie to this group, and possibly DJ Jones. Could upgrade this to a "9" with the McKenzie addition.

Linebackers

1. Dewayne Hendrix (LB / DL)
2. Gavin Bryant
3. Chris Weatherd
4. Dillon Bates
5. Cecil Cherry
6. Neiko Creamer
7. Justin King (?)
8. Austin Smith
9. Jalen Reeves-Maybin
10. (more)

Rating: 8/10. Could also add Quarte Sapp here. Lot of guys that could switch between LB and secondary, as well as LB / D-line, so more options here, as well.

Secondary

1. Cam Sutton
2. LaDarrell McNeil (?)
3. Brian Randolph (?)
4. Todd Kelly
5. Emmanuel Moseley
6. D'Andre Payne
7. RaShaan Gaulden
8. Cortez McDowell
9. Elliot Berry
10. Evan Berry
11. (more)

Rating: 8/10. Starting to look good in the secondary, as well. We've already seen what Cam Sutton can do. Lot of good prospects at DB and S.

Overall, have to be impressed with how we're coming along. The constant theme here is that we'll have to wait and see how a lot of these 2014 and 2015 recruits pan out, but Butch has created a solid foundation. Moreover, we will almost certainly have more depth by 2015, as we were dangerously thin at a lot of positions in 2013. Really excited to see how this group evolves over 2015 and 2016.

Btw, here are the sources I used:

Official Football Roster
Projected 2014 Depth Chart - Offense
Projected 2014 Depth Chart - Defense
2014 Recruiting Class - 247 Sports
2015 Recruiting Class - 247 Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
Well done. I like the effort you put into this thread. Thanks. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Great job.
A few that are missing unless I missed something
Kyle Oliver - TE
Quay Picou - DT
Jac. Bruce - WR?
Stephen Griffin - DB
Jaylond Woods - Ath (if they keep him IMO)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Great job.
Kyle Oliver - TE
Quay Picou - DT
Jac. Bruce - WR?

And:

Chance Hall (dude is atheletic as they come) OL
Moseley at CB...(they are saying he could start this season breaking out of summer or at least mid season)
Evan Berry to the slot....dude is fast...he will return kick offs as well.
Jocque Bruce will replace Jaylon Woods in my opinion. Grades are concern with Woods. (once again, great pickup by Jones)

Last edited:
Nothing under a 7 sounds a little naive to me. There is excellent potential but still tons to prove all over the field. Skill players are exciting to think about. Good thread and effort though.

If you take potential into account i think you're pretty close. There's a few i would of rated lower, i dont think i could give QB's a 7 right now for sure.

If you take potential into account i think you're pretty close. There's a few i would of rated lower, i dont think i could give QB's a 7 right now for sure.

I agree with OP on the qb issue...i would go as far as giving worley a 7 by himself...i mean the kid got better each game he played last year and i loved his confidence against ga and sc...barring injury i think this will be worleys breakout year and ole dobbs will only benefit with another year of learning behind him!!!JMHOGBO!!

I agree, great job man! Although I hope Dobbs beats out Worley this year, Worley has reached his ceiling potentially.

scratching my head on this one.How can you even think he has reached his potentially?He got to pla only about half a year in a totaly new system before he got hurt.
I swear,I believe a lot of you post without out even attempting to think.Of course this is all JMO.

When you say it like that, 2015 looks awesome. If Butch can't win games, then at least he Zooked us up for the next guy.

2 comments and a question:

1 - Worried a little about the LBs next year, appears to be the only position that might lack sufficient talent and experience, ope I'm wrong.

2 - That RB crew finally looks like SEC quality talent

Question: Is Jennings definitely going to get a chance to play QB?

I agree, great job man! Although I hope Dobbs beats out Worley this year, Worley has reached his ceiling potentially.

I'm 51 years old and not willing to throw in the towel yet on my ceiling potential. I'm improving every day...and no...I don't play QB and apples and ORANGEs, but JW is what...21? His opportunities have been limited at best. He was coming along nicely in his first year to start before he was injured. He's had 2 different HCs in a tumult of a program. I don't think he's even begun to reach his potential. Things may prove otherwise, but at least give him a chance in a second year in the same scheme before putting him out to pasture. I for one think JW is about to blossom.

Reactions: 3 people
Great job.
Kyle Oliver - TE
Quay Picou - DT
Jac. Bruce - WR?
Stephen Griffin - DB
Jaylond Woods - Ath (if they keep him IMO)

didn't see Jashon Robertson either. And I do believe he is on campus.

And Micah Abernathy is yet to commit.

So, unless you have a secret informant that hasn't told us JR is leaving, and MA is committed, can you count the guys we DO have and not the guys we don't?

Last edited:
2 comments and a question:

1 - Worried a little about the LBs next year, appears to be the only position that might lack sufficient talent and experience, ope I'm wrong.

2 - That RB crew finally looks like SEC quality talent

Question: Is Jennings definitely going to get a chance to play QB?

Answer: Per a JJ interview that I cannot link but has been referenced on this site in other threads, coaches told him he would get an opportunity at QB. Definite enough for me.

I agree with OP on the qb issue...i would go as far as giving worley a 7 by himself...i mean the kid got better each game he played last year and i loved his confidence against ga and sc...barring injury i think this will be worleys breakout year and ole dobbs will only benefit with another year of learning behind him!!!JMHOGBO!!

What?? We beat SC despite his terrible throws. North bailed him out big time.

Reactions: 2 people
Volnation's reaction to our future roster:

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif

The rest of the SEC's reaction:

Lmbhspn.gif

Reactions: 5 people
It's hard not to get excited about the potential of our defense next year, especially when looking at the DL and DBs.

If we can continue to build quality depth along both lines and haul in some playmakers at LB and TE, we'll definitely be a force in the SEC again.

VN Store

Back