Server issues (UPDATED 7/7 11:38am)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We had a few issues last night and this evening with the server. Last night we had a hardware issue which was quickly resolved. Those issues lasted less than an hour.

Today, however, we had some issues with date stamps being incorrect. This wasn't an issue until we corrected the time thus causes threads and posts to become out of order.

I spent the last few hours correcting the issues and things appear to be back to normal now. However, please let me know if you notice any strange date/time issues.

Thanks for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience. :hi:

*EDIT: The "users online" feature is a bit screwed up, but I'll have it fixed by tomorrow. Hopefully.

*7/7 UPDATE: http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...r-issues-updated-7-7-11-a-2.html#post10312710

Reactions: 7 people
There's always a next time. I'm just glad someone out there is still awake to give me the harassment I deserve. :)

I saw you were having server issues so I decided to stay up so I could be the first to read your apology thread. :pepper:

Reactions: 2 people
I saw you were having server issues so I decided to stay up so I could be the first to read your apology thread. :pepper:

I think you accomplished your goal. :lol: I'm surprised BEN isn't awake. That guy never sleeps.

Reactions: 2 people
I think you accomplished your goal. :lol: I'm surprised BEN isn't awake. That guy never sleeps.

It shows complete dedication and loyalty, amirite? Calls for a promotion to Mod, IMO. I'll need stock options though....

It shows complete dedication and loyalty, amirite? Calls for a promotion to Mod, IMO. I'll need stock options though....

Haven't you figured it out by now? Being "promoted" to mod is a demotion. It's like being sentenced to a life of hard labor with no hope of parole. Just ask any of them. :lol:

Just one of many reasons I appreciate those guys/gals so much.

Reactions: 1 person
If anyone is having issues posting you can email me at vol_freak@yahoo.com. There may be some of you getting an error about waiting for five seconds between posts.

New search and Vols search isn't currently working. Tells me I have to wait like 50000 seconds between searches.

I just clicked the new button and received the below message.

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 41579 seconds.

It is counting down. Just hit it again

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 41423 seconds.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems like some topics that have new posts don't show as bold... at least for me.

Seems like some topics that have new posts don't show as bold... at least for me.

That may be the case for some users. It should straighten itself out sometime today. Sorry.

It is counting down. Just hit it again

This forum requires that you wait 5 seconds between searches. Please try again in 41423 seconds.

That was a search issue which should now be fixed.

No problem Freak, I'm an IT Director for a large corporation and feel your pain!

And I feel yours. :lol: Fortunately for you, you're likely better equipped to handle issues than I am.

VN Store

Back