Nike and the Berry boys

BeattieFeathers

Here is hoping nike comes out with an all gray vol uni, not unlike the Oregon shade of gray. I liked the smokey grays, but prefer the lighter shade.
The Berry boys are going to turn the star gazers on their heads. Their parents did an excellent job in protecting them and shielding them from unnecessary pressures, for they knew they were going to play college ball somewhere. They did not want them to be unfairly compared to their older sibling.
But it is my belief that both including Elliot are going to be the plums of this class. They will both be all sec and nfl players. You can mark it down. This is coming from the man that told you that Jac smith would be a nice, role player, but would never achieve the greatness that so many predicted. My sons grew up with Jac who was always top heavy and could not change directions quickly. But I digress...
I'm putting my reputation on the line once again...:hi:

Reactions: 7 people
If Jacques would have went to Alabama, he would a been a beast

He suffered from bad coaching and continued change of coaching philosophy on the defensive side of the ball

Reactions: 10 people
Here is hoping nike comes out with an all gray vol uni, not unlike the Oregon shade of gray. I liked the smokey grays, but prefer the lighter shade.
The Berry boys are going to turn the star gazers on their heads. Their parents did an excellent job in protecting them and shielding them from unnecessary pressures, for they knew they were going to play college ball somewhere. They did not want them to be unfairly compared to their older sibling.
But it is my belief that both including Elliot are going to be the plums of this class. They will both be all sec and nfl players. You can mark it down. This is coming from the man that told you that Jac smith would be a nice, role player, but would never achieve the greatness that so many predicted. My sons grew up with Jac who was always top heavy and could not change directions quickly. But I digress...

So who were you pre-May 2014?

Reactions: 14 people

He suffered from bad coaching and continued change of coaching philosophy on the defensive side of the ball

To a degree yes, but Jac never ran faster than a 4.9 and was more of a 5.0 kid in high school. The hope was he could bulk up and move inside, but I knew the linebacker talk was always crazy. He had an average shuttle time in high school and struggled in space. I was ridiculed severely upon his signing when I posted things I knew.

Both Berry twins, including Elliott huh?

Reactions: 11 people

Disagree. His instincts were not good.

He was constantly out of position - could not keep contain.

I remember his tantrum after Buffalo long TD run.

Like the kid, but bad instincts and lack of mental toughness were his problems IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Disagree. His instincts were not good.

He was constantly out of position - could not keep contain.

I remember his tantrum after Buffalo long TD run.

Like the kid, but bad instincts and lack of mental toughness were his problems IMO.

Definitely couldn't.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember the story a little differently. I recall you having a hard on for Jac after he punched your son during an altercation at a camp. (As told by you I believe?)

Either way there is no denying he was a let down to many. Good kid though, very well spoken and a model student athlete.

Reactions: 2 people

Your reputation? Lol

Reactions: 8 people
I remember the story a little differently. I recall you having a hard on for Jac after he punched your son during an altercation at a camp. (As told by you I believe?)

Either way there is no denying he was a let down to many. Good kid though, very well spoken and a model student athlete.

Actually my son witnessed the altercation. Why bring that up? I felt Jac was being treated unfairly by the experts and knew his career would be labeled as a bust. He was never going to be the great player that was projected.

VN Store

Back