Just an offseason observation, but the QB's we face this year will be much weaker

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Than any we've faced in the past few years. Chuckie Keeton will be among the better QB's, and wouldn't have broken the top 5 last year. This could pay dividends for our young, talented secondary.

We're trading:

-Aaron Murray for Hudson Mason

-AJ McCarron for Jacob Coker

-Connor Shaw for Dillon Thompson

-Nick Marshall for Bo Wallace

-Marcus Mariotta for Trevor Knight

-Austyn Carta-Samuels for not really sure who

That's all I can think of at the moment, but at least since 2010 we've consistently faced stellar QB's. The only ones that at this moment are worth concern are Maty Mauk, Trevor Knight, and maybe Chuckie Keeton. The rest are either a downgrade or have spent little to no time on a college field. Just looks like a much better situation.

Reactions: 7 people
Than any we've faced in the past few years. Chuckie Keeton will be among the better QB's, and wouldn't have broken the top 5 last year. This could pay dividends for our young, talented secondary.

We're trading:

That's all I can think of at the moment, but at least since 2010 we've consistently faced stellar QB's. The only ones that at this moment are worth concern are Maty Mauk, Trevor Knight, and maybe Chuckie Keeton. The rest are either a downgrade or have spent little to no time on a college field. Just looks like a much better situation.

That is good work and I haven't really looked at it that way. I have a feeling UGA's ground game is going to be ridiculous with the three backs they have.

Reactions: 2 people
I just have a feeling UGA's ground game is going to be ridiculous with the three backs they have.

Oh beyond a shadow of a doubt. They may not need a good QB this year. But Murray won several games for them in the last minute, including their game against us last year. They won't have that luxury anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Hudson and Mason will be quality QB's but lack experience that will obviously help us

We're trading:

Patton Robinette...beat us here last fall

Vandy, not to worry. IMO, Kentucky will field a better team. As for Georgia, their run game will be one of the best in all of college football. But it will be one dimensional. If Ugg gets behind in any game it will be tough for them to play catch up. We don't match up stat wise against Ga, but if we can get by their linebackers it will be a damn good game. Ga and UF I believe can be, will be the litmus test of this team. We really need to win one of the two.

Reactions: 2 people
We're in good shape unless any of these QB replacements are replaced under center by a wide receiver.

Reactions: 4 people

We're trading:

Jacob Coker is going to make Bummer fans forget about McCarron! This kid is awesome! Dillon Thompson has plenty of experience and and the Old Ball coach really likes him.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Throw in whoever Florida's QB is because they ALWAYS have career days vs UT.

No freakin' kidding!

After last year's game people were on here talking up the UF QB. LOL!

No, our D was just that bad.

There was a play (early in the 3rd qtr, I think) where UF had a 3rd and long and I said, "there is no way this doesn't convert. It's just what happens when UT needs a big play against UF." Sure enough, it went for about 30 yards. It was challenged but upheld by the refs.

Murphy was horrible and we made him look like a Heisman candidate.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year surely was a bumper crops of top QB talent in the field - as stated, that may not matter come game time - we are certainly not counting on Worley/Dobbs being the second coming of Peyton this year - but it will help us I think not to be playing against so many Jonny footballs.

I think Hudson and Mason will be quality QB's but lack experience that will obviously help us

Bama doesn't have an experienced QB either, but something tells me that with all of the talent that they have at RB, WR and OL they will be just fine even Lane Kiffin couldn't screw that up!

Bama doesn't have an experienced QB either, but something tells me that with all of the talent that they have at RB, WR and OL they will be just fine even Lane Kiffin couldn't screw that up!

Kiffin screwed up at USC with all they had.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back