According to NFL.com we're only #7 WRU

VOLywood

#1 Miami
#5 UF
#6 LSU
#7 UT

What school is WR U? Miami, USC among contenders for title - NFL.com

Draft picks last 25 years: 18, including Alvin Harper, Peerless Price, Donte Stallworth, Robert Meachem, Denarius Moore and Cordarrelle Patterson.

The skinny: As the "other" receiver opposite Michael Irvin in Dallas, Harper was underrated as a pro. Pickens, despite attitude problems, had a very productive career with the Bengals. And it's just a matter of time before Patterson begins electrifying NFL crowds in the Vikings' offense the way he did as a return man last year. The next star in line for the Vols: sophomore Marquez North, who has NFL written all over him.

Reactions: 2 people
We know... we are in a bit of a slump. But we are on our way up and in 4 or 5 years the NFL is going to be covered from head to toe in Vols. #GBO

BUTCH is about to make damn sure MiAMi is the 1st after thought for WRU!!!!

Last edited:
Is the ball slipping through Smith's hands?

edit...where did the pic go?

Indi - agree about off-season polls/rankings being pretty pointless, but it's just interesting to keep a pulse on perception of our program, which I believe will change drastically after the next 2 seasons.

Boca - agree also, they're taking a limited snapshot that only goes back a short time.

If Croom, North, Pearson, Malone pan out anything like we all hope, WRU won't even be a discussion and Derelick is right, Miami will be an afterthought.

Funny.....because former coach Jimmy Johnson of Miami called Tennessee "Wide Receiver U"

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I will continue to concern myself with what UT does from here on out. I don't care if anyone thinks we are WRU or not.

Florida is number 5? Are they kidding? Virtually no one (including Harvin) has done squat in the NFL. This is a joke.

Why did they not include Carl Pickens among the UT WRs they listed? He was phenomenal in college and had an excellent pro career.

Florida is number 5? Are they kidding? Virtually no one (including Harvin) has done squat in the NFL. This is a joke.

Why did they not include Carl Pickens among the UT WRs they listed? He was phenomenal in college and had an excellent pro career.

They did include Pickens.

I agree about Florida receivers. Ridiculous.

Collinsworth must have known the writer

Well, you do have to give FL credit in one thing. They sure do have some killer tight ends getting drafted.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, you do have to give FL credit in one thing. They sure do have some killer tight ends getting drafted.

Manning---That there is funny.. right thar I don't care who ya are. Could you imagine lockering beside this guy and finding out what kind of person he really is? I'll bet that opened some eyes on the team.:gun:

Maybe this is worthy of just starting its own thread, but what other Vols besides M. North and AJ Johnson will get draft? (that we have seen play obviously so not freshmen)

Aaron Hernandez killed in the NFL

...too soon?

Yes, too soon considering we have Donte Stallworth and Dwayne Goodrich. A little different than Hernandez but people died none-the-less.

#1 Miami
#5 UF
#6 LSU
#7 UT

What school is WR U? Miami, USC among contenders for title - NFL.com

Draft picks last 25 years: 18, including Alvin Harper, Peerless Price, Donte Stallworth, Robert Meachem, Denarius Moore and Cordarrelle Patterson.

The skinny: As the "other" receiver opposite Michael Irvin in Dallas, Harper was underrated as a pro. Pickens, despite attitude problems, had a very productive career with the Bengals. And it's just a matter of time before Patterson begins electrifying NFL crowds in the Vikings' offense the way he did as a return man last year. The next star in line for the Vols: sophomore Marquez North, who has NFL written all over him.

Ignorance is so annoying

VN Store

Back