Good news for comcast customers (updated)

We knew it would eventually happen. I'm surprised both sides caved so quickly with more than a month before first broadcast. Oh well it's done. Good for us

Reactions: 1 person
OhmygodGIF_zpsbj6b856bd.gif

thank_5e2100_1269471.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Im stuck with DirectTV another year, hope they get it together.
I might have to resort to twitter bullying.

It at least sounds promising:

We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitors, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network’s launch in August.

You can sure bet that Comcast is not going to give you anything for free. They have already taken the CSS channel off and that is most likely where the SEC Network will end up, at a cost.

Travis was talking about it this afternoon. Comcast have the overwhelmingly majority of subscribers in the Nashville and surrounding area so its no surprise that its close. No way they would not have it. One interesting observation from CT was that he wondered if Direct would not sign on as they have been very adverse to any sporting networks due to their cost. One of the reasons they didn't pick up the Big 10 network. They don't get the SEC network in mid Tn and that might be a death blow for them.

We knew it would eventually happen. I'm surprised both sides caved so quickly with more than a month before first broadcast. Oh well it's done. Good for us

ESPN didn't cave, they got exactly what they asked for in most areas.

The question is, will we have to pay extra for it?

If you live inside the SEC states, you won't pay extra for it, at least not right away. It will be on the same basic package where you find ESPN now.

Outside of SEC territory, it will be on the sports tier in most areas, like the Big Ten and Pac 12 networks.

If someone just has Comcast internet will they be able to get the sec network stream?

No. It will be authenticated through the TV package associated with your Comcast login, like WatchESPN is now.

Reactions: 2 people
ESPN didn't cave, they got exactly what they asked for in most areas.

If you live inside the SEC states, you won't pay extra for it, at least not right away. It will be on the same basic package where you find ESPN now.

Outside of SEC territory, it will be on the sports tier in most areas, like the Big Ten and Pac 12 networks.

No. It will be authenticated through the TV package associated with your Comcast login, like WatchESPN is now.

I thought you said it was a nationwide deal ? As in if Comcast gets it all the Comcast providers get it - now you say outside the SEC area is different -- a bit confused

Already switched to Dish anyways. Cheaper, better quality, better features. I'm happy with it.

I agree. I have had Directv, Comcast, and now Dish within the last two years, all things considered Dish is the best of the three. ATT Uverse is available in my area too, I would love to hear what someone thinks of their service.

Hopefully Comcast deal puts more pressure on other providers to expedite a deal soon. ...to where none of us have to change providers.

You can sure bet that Comcast is not going to give you anything for free. They have already taken the CSS channel off and that is most likely where the SEC Network will end up, at a cost.

I was wondering what happened to it. Im about ready to dump comcast

Dish has it as part of their Top 120 Package regardless of where you live.

SEC Network

Already switched to Dish anyways. Cheaper, better quality, better features. I'm happy with it.

Better quality? I've always read that their HD picture quality is not up to par against DirecTV. Maybe things have changed lately.

I thought you said it was a nationwide deal ? As in if Comcast gets it all the Comcast providers get it - now you say outside the SEC area is different -- a bit confused

It's the same thing I've said all along. All Comcast customers will have access to it.

Inside SEC states, ESPN is charging providers $1.30 per subscriber per month and the network will be required to be on the same programming tier as ESPN and ESPN2.

Outside of SEC states, ESPN will charge providers $0.25 and the network can be on a premium or sports tier IF the provider chooses.

But, yes, the deal is still national. Every Comcast customer nationwide will have the chance to get the network from Comcast.

VN Store

Back