Heard Rocky Top in the most unlikely of places...

Brave Volunteer

So I live in Chattanooga and any of you who live here or are at least well familiar with the city know that there is a small amusement park close to the Tennesse/Georgia border called Lake Winnepasauka. My wife and I took our son there this past weekend and while we he was riding the carousel, it started playing Rocky Top! It was just another neat little reminder that it's almost football time in Tennessee!

Reactions: 1 person
My cousin lives in the neighborhood where Lane and Layla Kiffin lived. He said after the 09’ UF game, they came in late that night and were singing Rocky Top all night long.

Reactions: 3 people
Was in New Orleans the night before UGA/LSU played in Baton Rouge a few years back. Heard Rocky Top from the road at a dueling piano bar on Bourbon Street. Walked in to a crowd of boos. It was nice to know that people still hate us.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm visiting new york city and one of the street guitar players took a look at my shirt and began to play Rocky Top.

Reactions: 5 people
So I live in Chattanooga and any of you who live here or are at least well familiar with the city know that there is a small amusement park close to the Tennesse/Georgia border called Lake Winnepasauka. My wife and I took our son there this past weekend and while we he was riding the carousel, it started playing Rocky Top! It was just another neat little reminder that it's almost football time in Tennessee!

Lake Winnepasauka is still open? Man I am 40 and I remember going there when I was a kid. Went back as a teenager and was just whelmed.

Reactions: 1 person
About 10 years ago I went to a training in Toledo Ohio of all places, and I went to a Scottish piano bar one night where some guy dressed in a plaid skirt, white knee socks, and full military jacket played Rocky Top on the bagpipes, followed by Amazing Grace. Most bizarre but moving experience I've had in quite a while.

I'm visiting new york city and one of the street guitar players took a look at my shirt and began to play Rocky Top.

I just got back from Chicago last week and I asked a street fiddler if he knew any country. He didn't, but then started playing Rocky Top. I tipped him and sang along.

My wife and I was on vacation in Daytona Beach Fl last year . We went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse in Port Orange . And they played Rocky Top ! And I just had to put the Whoo in it !!!

Reactions: 2 people
My wife and I was on vacation in Daytona Beach Fl last year . We went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse in Port Orange . And they played Rocky Top ! And I just had to put the Whoo in it !!!

Every time I hear Rocky Top I want to put a Whoo in it...am I the only one?

Reactions: 4 people
Found a small arts & craft store in Spring, TX, just north of Houston a few months ago. Was poking around and got to talking to the owners, turns out their favorite song was Rocky Top. They played it and were shocked I knew every word until I told them I went to UT.

Some of you guys may have the same thing, but....I have Verizon service and my call ring tone (what the CALLER HEARS--has to listen to-- while waiting for me to answer) is Rocky Top. This is in addition to having Rocky Top as my ring tone (what I hear) for all my family members.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back