Biggest Letdown in 2014 in SEC East

Which SEC East team will experience the biggest letdown in 2014?

• Total voters

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
According to current expectations for the teams in the SEC East, which team do you think will have the biggest letdown in 2014?

Somebody voted for UT? Even if we went 5-7 again it wouldn't be a "letdown" per se because that's what we have been doing every year for the past few.

Last edited:
It has to be UGA they always seem to srew it up when they are expected to be good. It is impossible for UF to do anything as bad as last year and Spurrier seems to always have a trick up his sleeve. I think USC wins the east this year.
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UT
4. UF
5. Mizzou
6. Candy
7. UK

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Mizzou & Vandy are set up well for letdowns thanks to attrition, sub par recruiting and new coach.

Expectations are high for Georgia, so the are in the drivers seat for a let down. I think USCe has too many returning two deep to underperform by more than a game or two (1 Nov) this season.

Florida isn't expected to do that well this year and they pick up "at bama" from the SECWest. They are only a let down if they lose more than 5 or 6.

It has to be UGA they always seem to srew it up when they are expected to be good. It is impossible for UF to do anything as bad as last year and Spurrier seems to always have a trick up his sleeve. I think USC wins the east this year.
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UT
4. UF
5. Candy
6. UK

You forgot Mizzou

1. USCe
2. UGA
3. UT
4. UF
5. Mizzou
6. UK
7. Candy

Last edited:
Are we asking for the biggest letdown vs. expectations? If so, I would say it's a three-way tie with FL, USC, and UGA. All three of those are expecting to be better this upcoming year. FL with its new staff, UGA with it's new D-coord, and healthy team. And USC finally trying to breakthrough to the SEC championship.

There's no way for us but up, IMO.

SEC East is weaker in '14 than '13 IMO

How does this hurt SCar exactly?

The SECe like I said is weak and they have only been to 1 sec championship back in 09. They have been picked to win the east every year since 09.

Missouri without a doubt. You can't loose that much talent a leadership and not feel it in the W L column. They will be lucky to make a bowl this year.

Are we asking for the biggest letdown vs. expectations? If so, I would say it's a three-way tie with FL, USC, and UGA. All three of those are expecting to be better this upcoming year. FL with its new staff, UGA with it's new D-coord, and healthy team. And USC finally trying to breakthrough to the SEC championship.

There's no way for us but up, IMO.

Yes, that is how the question reads. Not most losses or who stinks the most or who you hate the most, but based on the current expectations of each SEC team, who will least likely reach their expectations?

Based on expectations, Missouri will be the biggest letdown. Can't see next year's Mizzou squad being nearly as good as this year's, particularly on defense, but a lot of sportswriters have them competing for the SEC East title again.

Florida will be most improved (as much as I'd like it to be the Vols). That squad is too talented to go 4-8 two consecutive years. If Muschamp doesn't win at least 8 games, he deserves to be fired.

Don't think Vandy counts as a "letdown" because most of the sportswriters seem to anticipate that Vandy will fall back to being near 500 or below this season. But Vandy might have the biggest fall based on where they finished last year.

I'm picking Georgia to win the SEC East, with South Carolina as 2nd. Unfortunately, I think our Vols will probably be in the 6-6 or 7-5 range. This squad is set up for success in 2015 and '16, but I don't expect any miracles in '14, with so many new starters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back