And some of you guys think we'll finish 8-4

I'm sorry you must not be familiar with the legacy class packed with elite, orange blooded superstars? Huh buddy?

Reactions: 39 people
They are elite talents.. But it's gonna take a year or two for their abilities to really shine.

I understand that, but I think as many as 4-5 could have huge impacts. Guys like Hendrix, Kelly, bates, a berry or two, Hurd I mean there is talent all over the place. Others can provide much needed depth and speed at every level. Bottom line is I think 7-5 or 8-4 is not as unlikely as many here would think.

Reactions: 23 people
I understand that, but I think as many as 4-5 could have huge impacts. Guys like Hendrix, Kelly, bates, a berry or two, Hurd I mean there is talent all over the place. Others can provide much needed depth and speed at every level. Bottom line is I think 7-5 or 8-4 is not as unlikely as many here would think.

I feel ya

Reactions: 2 people
In the predictions thread I saw most people picking 6-6 with a few 7-5 picks which I think is realistic when looking at the schedule...8-4 is definitely being optimistic but is there anything wrong with that?...I will say that Dave Hart needs to insist on having our conference schedule shuffled. Once we have reestablished ourselves as a contender again and Vandy assumes it's position at the bottom (they will both happen) October is going to be too much of a gauntlet while November is too easy. We need to move either Kentucky or Missouri to the end of September or first of October and move either Georgia or Florida to the end of November. Our schedule is grossly out of balance.

Reactions: 8 people
...I will say that Dave Hart needs to insist on having our conference schedule shuffled. Once we have reestablished ourselves as a contender again and Vandy assumes it's position at the bottom (they will both happen) October is going to be too much of a gauntlet while November is too easy...

Why? Fulmer made a nice habit of never losing in November. It always provided a surge up the ratings when it really matters. No game is "too easy" in the SEC.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 14 people
Let's see..8 home games and 4 road games (Oklahoma, Georgia, Ole Miss and South Carolina), a bye week between the @Oklahoma & @Georgia games, with another bye week between the @South Carolina & @home Kentucky games..IMO there are least 8 wins, maybe 9, on UT's schedule (Utah St, Ark St, Florida, Chattanooga, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy)..IMO the only predictable losses are @Okla, @Ga, and Bama at home..And IMO, Georgia is possible if Team 118 plays them the way they did in Knoxville this past season..Call me an optimist but I see 9-3 or 8-4 for team 118.....

:twocents: Flame Away

Reactions: 21 people
Here's why I think 8-4 is at least possible:

I think Utah St., Arkansas St., Chattanooga, Kentucky, Missouri, Vandy are fairly easy wins. Yes, I understand some would argue that Missouri and Vandy are not easy wins and that we lost our lines and blah blah blah, but the losses in talent, coaches, etc. that they sustained are much worse. That, and they didn't recruit near as well as we did to make up for their losses.

Between Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Ole Miss, Alabama, South Carolina, I believe we can squeeze out 2 wins. This puts us at 8 wins.

Even if one of the first 6 teams mentioned manages to sqeeze one out against us and we only win 1 of the last 6 teams mentioned, we still go bowling which will make me very happy, but 8 is at least doable.

Reactions: 8 people
8-5 after bowling is still my prediction.

Wins:
Utah State
Arkansas State
Chattanooga
Mizzou
Vandy
Kentucky
1 of UF, UGA, USC, Miss, OU and Bama

Win a bowl game.

Reactions: 7 people
Let's see..8 home games and 4 road games (Oklahoma, Georgia, Ole Miss and South Carolina), a bye week between the @Oklahoma & @Georgia games, with another bye week between the @South Carolina & @home Kentucky games..IMO there are least 8 wins, maybe 9, on UT's schedule (Utah St, Ark St, Florida, Chattanooga, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vandy)..IMO the only predictable losses are @Okla, @Ga, and Bama at home..And IMO, Georgia is possible if Team 118 plays them the way they did in Knoxville this past season..Call me an optimist but I see 9-3 or 8-4 for team 118.....

:twocents: Flame Away

What do they put in those Scooby snacks these days?

Reactions: 1 person
And some of those guys who think we go 8-4 will want to fire everyone when we don't live up to their armchair QB coaching expectations.

Reactions: 6 people
Please. UT could drag ass all game and win by 3 Tds.

Just like we "did" against South Alabama and Troy? Two teams nowhere as good as Utah State

Hopefully this is the last year we have to have any concerns or doubts about games like this. I hope our line will be up to the task of just taking over the game for us

Reactions: 2 people
I think this is why I do not get on here after the vols lose. People predicting 9-3. Call me nega vol but 1/3 of our roster was playing high school ball last year. There is a huge difference between high school and playing men that have been in a college weight program. It doesnt matter how talented you are as a player.

People predicting 9-3 are the idiots who get on here and start calling for coaches to be fired after a loss to one of the SEC powerhouses. Face it, we are not a powerhouse at this time. I believe 6-6 is the most likely record with a decent chance to go 7-5. One thing I have learned the past few years is we are depleted of SEC talent. Butch is getting us back there but its not going to be a one year turn around. So sit back and enjoy the uprising of the Vols. We're on our way back.

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back